AMT Interstate Batteries Lumina

First post here, hope I've got the picture uploading figured out.

My son (8 years old) and I have been getting into building some models together. I had this old AMT Interstate Batteries Lumina kit sitting around and he didn't have any interest in this kit (he likes the modern era super cars, etc.) However, he asked if I would build it to sit along his collection of models. So I took a short break from our current "father / son" build to put this one together. I took some artistic freedom and painted the chassis & cage red as I wanted a bit more color to make it a bit more visually interesting to him sitting on his shelf. I started this model a bit under 2 weeks ago.

We've also finished the Revell Enzo Ferrari and the Revell Audi R8 Spyder. He does a large majority of the bulk painting and assembly of larger items, and I like to show him how to paint and detail the smaller items.

DSCN3864_zps3bf86375.jpg

DSCN3865_zps9a8788f2.jpg

DSCN3867_zps83be157c.jpg

DSCN3868_zpseff6ce36.jpg

DSCN3871_zps65895789.jpg

DSCN3872_zpsa3c17590.jpg

DSCN3876_zps84b59e90.jpg

DSCN3880_zps3cd6de46.jpg

Edited by pplace
  • 1 month later...

Quick and Clean! Way to build NASCAR for sure. Hope you get a few more done for him, great idea, sure it takes shelf space well amongst the Tech type high $$ machines! Like to see more. I have the dayglo Slixx sheet for Interstate but there are several in line IF I ever get NASCAR build time. One is Gordon's 50th Lumina in Alclad Chromalusion.