1/32 Bf109 G6 Hans Langer "THE MAKING OF"

Yes, another 1/32 Revell Bf109 G6. I love painting Luftwaffe camos. And after the Hartmann’s bird I built sometime ago I wanted to do another one.

The cockpit of the Revell kit is already of a very good detail so I only added Finemolds harnesses wich IMHO are the best harnesses I’ve seen around. They are perfectly molded and details are excellent.

Markings representing aircraft White 12 flown by Staffelkapitan Hans Langer in central Italy. Crew chief did not check with Langer and they painted on the Hstab YOU NOT! Like challenging Allied opponents. In the next mission he was shot down by P-38s parachuting to safety. After that incident Langer ordered his crew chief not to paint any further slogans.

Scheme is standard RLM74/75/76 per Regensburg factory with white rudder and band around aft fuselage.

13499330114_e514bffd1d_c.jpg

13523969825_c59e3aba62_c.jpg

13768035123_3efd919549_c.jpg

13768020085_b05d9f20d8_c.jpg

13786928413_253a15da05_c.jpg

13787243584_d2df00f314_c.jpg

13786923223_88735f441b_c.jpg

13798164494_2257186e42_c.jpg

13797834455_a587d1ac5a_c.jpg

13806755104_e73f2e5129_c.jpg

Murice,

Just a top quality, rock solid build, with a perfect camo paint scheme. Your weathering is some of the most realistic I've seen yet.

And thanks for the picture by picture steps to your paint/decaling/weathering. It was also very well done.

Joel

Thank you for the kind words.

In response to the colors questions:

The yelow is Tamiya XF-3 Flat yellow. I preshade over a withe coat of XF-2 flat white. The preshade is a mix of XF-1 flat black and XF-64 Red brown, after the yellow coat I post shade with the same mix of preshade but a way thinner, I would say 1/20 so I build up the shades progressively, this is the same process for the whole aircraft.

The cockpit is Tamiya XF-63 German Grey, I post shade with paler colors mixing XF-63 and XF-2 flat white. That gives the volume and lights I need to make the cockpit interior more illuminated because after I close the fuselage is very dark in there.

Lower surfaces I used RLM76 from Xtracrilix as a base color, I use this one because is different than tamiya, the grain is finer and more translucent so the preshade is better controled. Then I post shade with a mix of XF-23 light blue and flat white XF-2. The XF-23 is similar to RLM-76 but is more blue, so I randomly spray giving different lights so does not look flat and without life.

Finally the waves on the wings leading edges I spray at low pressure and flow undersurfaces color over the darker colors of the upper surfaces. I spray at a very closedistance small spots at a pitch equivalent to the wave length, so in fact they are spots but they look like waves, I<m very happy with the result.

Cheers

Edited by Maurice_1971

Thank you Joel for the kind and encouraging words. What happened with your Spitfire MkIXc, hope you can continue the build. I built the late version released before.

Maurice,

I kind of lost interest in it, as I really was rushing the build, and ended up taking some short cuts with the fit of the wings to the fuselage that I'm just wasn't happy with. But the main reason is that I wanted to get back to the F-4B build which I'm still working on. It's my 1st jet in more then 30 years.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Superb air brush work. Luftwaffe camouflage is what got me back into the hobby. I too love the mottled greys and the infinite variations within.

Excellent result and love the step by step photos, thanks.