F-16I and F-16"E" External differences

There are quite a few differences--some minor, some major. Many are in the cockpit--others are on the exterior. Only you can decide which ones you want to tackle. My advice is to find some pics of both types and start looking at photos to see how many you want to fix and go from there.

Jake

There are quite a few differences--some minor, some major. Many are in the cockpit--others are on the exterior. Only you can decide which ones you want to tackle. My advice is to find some pics of both types and start looking at photos to see how many you want to fix and go from there.

Jake

Pretty much sums it up the only thing I'll add to the above is, the changes are so plentiful that I would just go and buy the F-16I and build the F-16E as such.

The F-16E is single seat, with enlarged tailbase and various lumps and bumps, a new radomw without pitot tube which also has a new cheat line - check your references for details.

The F-16I is dual seat, big-spine with additional antennas and "bumps" just behind the radome not found on ordinary Vipers.

Just about the only common thing between the two is that both commonly carry conformal fuel tanks

check out www.f-16.net were you will find lots of references for both.

The F-16E is single seat, ...

The F-16I is dual seat, ...

guess I should amend my previous post. :)/>

wrt to the Hasegawa kit, their "I" kit is probably closer to an "F" anyway...

Wow, my mistake, I believe the F-16I are both single and double seaters...

Thanks to all for the replies.

Nope, wrong again, An F-16I is an "I", twin seat IDF/AF specific built A/C.

The IDF Flies F-16A's,C's, which are single seaters, and F-16B's, D's and the I, which are twin seat.

The antenna suits among all these advanced fighters "I","F", and "E" although they look similar are different, the spine shapes are different and the biggest notable difference is the tail housing of the "I" compared to the "F".

Curt