LF: Eduard 1/48 F6F Hellcat Canopy

Eduard wants me to pay $19 shipping for a replacement canopy so I will scrap my Hellcat if I cannot get one. From any of the Eduard 1/48 F6F Hellcat kits, I need canopy part H7. The kit comes with H7 and H8; H8 is for the F6F-3 and H7 is for the F6F-5. If you have a F6F-3 kit please let me buy the unused canopy H7 from you.

Apparently only the first request per customer is free. After that you have to pay. I don't mind paying for replacement parts, but $19 flat rate shipping for them is absolutely ridiculous. I won't be buying from Eduard until they change their replacement parts policy.

Dear Sir,

you can obtain a replacement by purchasing a replacement voucher. In this case, its value will be 4,95 USD.

If you wish to order this voucher, please, let me know, I would send you the instructions for use and a shortcut to this voucher.

Anyway, a standart postage is applied on these orders (19USD to your destination) , so its always better to add the replacement voucher to your standart order, if you plan to make one. You will safe on the postage cost.

Have a nice day.

Petra

Well, unfortunately, at the moment, we dont have any other options to use, because of the custom charges and processess. And this is a standart price we are being charged by the post office for a registered shipment to the US. (no additional charges added by Eduard - package etc.) Anyway. This system might change in the upcoming months, and the replacements shoud be sent by unregistered mail. The price of the postage will then be lower and reasonable and will be included in the price of the voucher itself.

At the moment, we are collecting all the needed information and finding the way how we could change this.

So at the moment, basicly, its only worth buying the replacement pieces together with a standart order in our webshop. Thats also why we are sending the replacement parts free of charge in case its the customers first request.

Thank you for your understanding

Petra