Latest finish - only the third this year, fourth if you count one I binned immediately because I wasn't happy with it. It's the Airfix PR XVI, with an Eduard Zoom set meant for a Tamiya B/PR IV, which worked fine with a little adaption here and there. I also used Eduard canopy masks, and again with a little fettling here and there they fitted reasonably.

Decals were by Carpena, and I had some problems. The national markings disintegrated at a sniff of the decal water. Fortunately the individual markings were OK, and the stars'n'bars in the right size were easy to source from my spares, but the fuselage markings should have a PRU blue outline - I won't tell if you won't. ;)

The 8th AF used PR XVIs from March 1944. Based at Watton, they were used principally for bomber force target weather scouting, although radar and night photography were also roles they performed. The model shows the early scheme - guess the date :D . Later the vertical tail surfaces were painted red to distinguish the Mosquitos from Me 410s, leaving the individual letter in a PRU blue circle.

So here 'tis:

IMG_3167_zps0a05b1ab.jpg

IMG_3170_zps7ffdb43e.jpg

IMG_3174_zps868f39c7.jpg

Not my best effort - it's a bit of a dog of a kit if I'm honest and it did get a bit :bandhead2: at times, but I'm reasonably pleased with it. Thanks for looking.

Edited by MikeC