Spitfire Mk.IXc Late version

Kit manufacturer: Eduard

Scale: 1/48

Type: Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc Late version

Extras used: Eduard Brassin 5-spoke wheels treaded ED648098 and Belly tank from the spares box.

Paints and colours used: Humbrol, Revell and Xtracrylics.

So here she is in all her shiny glory in the markings of an aircraft operated by 601 Sqdn in Italy in the Summer of 1944:

DSC_7877_zpsf256f833.jpg

DSC_7878_zps988033cf.jpg

DSC_7879_zpsb4fd2b5e.jpg

DSC_7880_zps06c177cc.jpg

4b09d049-3d11-43aa-9757-334bb1d76043_zpsd174618f.jpg

Nice livery. You don't see that much Spitfires built in this outfit.

Perhaps you could improve the looks by checking the angles of the main gear legs (too much outwards) and the position of the wheels (negative camber). It's now a kind of BF-109 undercarriage and I suppose those guys on 'that island west of the main continent Europe' would not like that. :-)

Cheers, Peter

Edited by TripleP

Not gonna change it! As too scared of breaking it and ruining it! I know nothing about Spitfire's as they ain't a plane I'm that much interested in. Oh well I hope I please you with the next one! Whatever that might be?

Edited by darren

Daren,

Nicely done. I do remember the discussion about the actual paint and or camo scheme of the engine cover. Your decision to go with the camo scheme really looks good, as it's a natural focal point to view your model.

Joel