HobbyBoss 1/48 A-6A Intruder

This was initially built as part of the Grumman Iron Works group build here on ARC but unfortunately I did not complete the build in time for that one.

Kit is the new-ish HobbyBoss 1/48 A-6A Intruder built OOB except the decals which were from Fightertown Decals' A-6A/A-6E Colorfull Intruders Pt 1 sheet and Mk 82s and MERs which came from Hasegawa's Weapon Set A.

Painted with Gunze Mr Color lacquers and washed with Tamiya enamels. I left it relatively clean as the actual jet was rather new when wearing these markings. In all it was a fun build. I have the new A-6E in the stash and will get to that soon. In the meantime, enjoy the attached photos!

HB_A-6A_019.jpg

HB_A-6A_020.jpg

HB_A-6A_021.jpg

HB_A-6A_022.jpg

HB_A-6A_023.jpg

HB_A-6A_024.jpg

HB_A-6A_025.jpg

HB_A-6A_026.jpg

Mark

Wow, very nice Mark. I am a huge fan of your work. I enjoyed your entries at the Aeronautics Departments scale model event. Like your F5e too!!!

That is superbly done and finished beautifully. I put mine back on the shelf after a couple hours of work. This makes me want to get it back out and finish along with their E model as well that is also in the stash. Great job by the way!