GWH F-15C Announced

Not sure if this was already posted here but over on HS they have some preliminary CAD illustrations of the upcoming Charlie-model.

Detail looks nice (but I'm sure the experts will find flaws),you get a full range of modern AAM's and an AESA radar so you can build one of the latest USAF versions.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/gwh4817previewbg_1.htm

I'd rob a couple of those speedbrakes to use on Revell Strikes! Can't wait to see what those look like! I'm looking forward to the decals too!

Aaron

I don't think I'll get my hopes too high regarding the air brake. The structural work looks pretty intricate and will probably be plagued with lots of ejector pin marks.

Mark

Actually, it's not

Ah. Now that's a pleasant surprise.

With regard to the weaponry, the CAD drawings only show AIM-9X and AIM-120s. Will AIM-9Ms, AIM-7s and LAU-114s be included as well? They will be needed to do earlier Eagles such as those used during Desert Storm. Thanks.

Mark

No pilot? :(/>

On that note, we can all agree that clearly this kit will be unbuildable. :)

Seriously tho, cool that they included AESA radar. Now, if they would downscale it to 72... :whistle: (hey, someone had to plug one true scale)

Wonder if this kit will be a "Late" F-15C with current weapons and the AESA radar or if the kit will also include earlier weapons (sparrow, AIM-9L) and the mechanically scanned radar?

Funny to see that "The List" was re-posted on HS within minutes Brett's article going online.

Have the "C" Eagles or for that matter the "E" variants been wired to utilize the AIM-9X, as a matter of inquiry any idea if the kit will include AIM-7's?.

Albinos have all been wired to use X-rays/JHMCS for quite a while Cliff, and are the standard missile for them now. Echos are just now getting the JHMCS in strength (SJ I believe have them in all jets now?) and will have AIM-9X very soon.

Aaron

EDIT: Just found this website. It appears to have the 2014 budget for the F-15 program. There is money budgeted for the JHMCS to continue to be integrated to the F-15E, but I don't see anything mentioned about the F-15E getting the AIM-9X. I DO, however, see money for the F-15C/D getting the SNIPER pod!

Edited by strikeeagle801

I have asked it before; But is there a way to see difference between a "vanilla" F-15C and AESA equipped one? Other than the weapons.

I'm not certain but I don't think there are any external mods associated with the AESA radar upgrade. Both AESA birds and the ones using the older mechanically scanned radar are capable of using the latest AMRAAMs and AIM-9X missiles.