CD48068 - OV-10 Bronco

• 4 weeks later...

This is the final draft of the OV-10A Bronco sheet, which will be part of the December batch. The options on this sheet are:

-OV-10A Bronco 67-14658, USAF (Vietnam)

-OV-10A Bronco 67-14649, 22nd TASS (Wheeler AFB), USAF

-OV-10A Bronco 68-3792, 19th TASS (Osan AFB), USAF

-OV-10A Bronco 67-14698, 20th TASS "Misty" (Shaw AFB), USAF

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo 155405, VMO-6, US Marine Corps (Vietnam)

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo 155427, VMO-6, US Marine Corps

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo 155444, VMO-1, US Marine Corps

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo 155425, VMO-2, US Marine Corps

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo 155499, NATC, US Navy

-OV-10A Bronco BuNo 155471, VAL-4 "Black Ponies", US Navy

-OV-10A Bronco "0068", Venezuela Air Force

I will post profiles sometime before the sheet ships in mid December. This will be a limited release - I will not do another OV-10A sheet or a reprint when the rumored new tool OV-10A appears sometime next year (hopefully).

cd48068draft.jpg

Yet again, you knock one out of the park, my friend! Nice work! I do have a question: What is the story behind the first gray profile you threw up there - the one with the 1st Cav Division patch on the nose? Is there a tie with 1st Cav?

Yet again, you knock one out of the park, my friend! Nice work! I do have a question: What is the story behind the first gray profile you threw up there - the one with the 1st Cav Division patch on the nose? Is there a tie with 1st Cav?

Thanks - I hope anyone who likes the OV-10A will find something interesting on the sheet.

19th TASS (based at Quan Loi) was tasked with supporting the 3rd Brigade of 1st Cavalry; and some of their aircraft carried the 1st Cav badge on their nose (or tail) at different times. The subject of that profile is one of those - I thought it was an interesting addition to the standard gray scheme.

ov-10-67-14658-01.jpg

KursadA,

Can you tell us who is releasing the Bronco in 1/48 and if it is a new tool or a Testors reissue? I haven't seen or heard of anyone making a 1/48 scale.....that news is very exciting!

Edited by gonzalo

Can you tell us who is releasing the Bronco in 1/48 and if it is a new tool or a Testors reissue? I haven't seen or heard of anyone making a 1/48 scale.....that news is very exciting!

I don't know any more than anyone else does - I was told that at least two companies were considering a 1/48 OV-10A kit and had started working on it. I heard about this well after I started working on my decal sheet. Please don't read too much into the release of this sheet: I just thought there was a lack of decent OV-10 sheets in the market and wanted to do a new one, in part to prepare for the release of Kitty Hawk's 1/32 kit.

That's all there is to it - the sheet is not targeted for a specific kit, and has no shape-dependent elements so it will work on any dimensionally accurate OV-10 kit. You can either use it on your Testors OV-10A now, or keep it for the time that future OV-10A is actually released.

Edited by KursadA

I don't know any more than anyone else does - I was told that at least two companies were considering a 1/48 OV-10A kit and had started working on it. I heard about this well after I started working on my decal sheet. Please don't read too much into the release of this sheet: I just thought there was a lack of decent OV-10 sheets in the market and wanted to do a new one, in part to prepare for the release of Kitty Hawk's 1/32 kit.

That's all there is to it - the sheet is not targeted for a specific kit, and has no shape-dependent elements so it will work on any dimensionally accurate OV-10 kit. You can either use it on your Testors OV-10A now, or keep it for the time that future OV-10A is actually released.

Thank you very much for the reply

• 1 month later...

KursadA,

The last I heard was a company called Avaiton Art company. See if you can get in touch with Zactoman. I asked this question a while back and this is the answer I got. HTH, Rob

Well, this was unexpected. 25% of the print run was gone in a day or so. Hopefully things will level off and I will not have to enter the New Year regretting yet another limited run ;-)

A 1/32 OV-10A sheet with selections from these options will be ready soon after the Kitty Hawk OV-10A hits the market; and a 1/72 version will certainly appear sometime later in 2015.

• 4 months later...