Zvezda are doing a 1/48 Bf109G-6!!

Well the Eduard kit doesn't make Zvezda any money does it.

Though what Eduard have done with the kit could make Zvezda more money with the release of this kit ;)

Edited by Tbolt

*Another* freaking -109? What's wrong with the Eduard kit that was just released!?!

Well its the wrong scale..the wing looks like an RB-47's..the gear is buggered..the tail is to big the cowling is bloated.

Does that cover it?

:woot.gif:

Well its the wrong scale..the wing looks like an RB-47's..the gear is buggered..the tail is to big the cowling is bloated.

Does that cover it?

:woot.gif:/>

No, you forget the wing root bump and the shape of the spine ;)

I think the Zevzda kit is gorgeous - I'm sure the Eduard looks nice, but I'm not a fan of rivets on smaller scale aircraft.

I'm talking about the kits, not what they build into. If you think Zvezda is gorgeous, take a look at Eduard Spitfire. You may have to come up with a new word (scrumtrulescent? ;)).

1/46 109?? great. Now I am ready to join this 109 with my 1/35 panzers in a great diorama.... Sounds terrific! :nanner:/>

Very interesting point of view in another posts, forums and paste here for your entertainament..

http://www.crmbuyer.com/story/...l-Lessons-80524.html

No hope Zvezda do a 109 better than this Eduard ones in terms of accuracy. Now they have a plenty of free of charge information and hope they can take and opportunity to launc better 109.

Edited by Fernando

1/46 109?? great. Now I am ready to join this 109 with my 1/35 panzers in a great diorama.... Sounds terrific! :nanner:/>/>

Very interesting point of view in another posts, forums and paste here for your entertainament..

http://www.crmbuyer.com/story/...l-Lessons-80524.html

No hope Zvezda do a 109 better than this Eduard ones in terms of accuracy. Now they have a plenty of free of charge information and hope they can take and opportunity to launc better 109.

It's not 1/46th - only the wing is, the fuselage is 1/47th ;)

I'm talking about the kits, not what they build into. If you think Zvezda is gorgeous, take a look at Eduard Spitfire. You may have to come up with a new word (scrumtrulescent? ;)/>/>).

I'm talking about the kits also and I've already got 3 Eduard Spits in the stash and yes that's another gorgeous kit, but most of the surface detail is crisp but slightly finer on the Zvezda 109 than the Eduard Spit and like I said I'm not a fan of rivets on smaller kits (though I will live with them), so as gorgeousness goes I would probably rate the kits about the same.

Edited by Tbolt

At least the Zvezda people will not have to go far to get a look at a Me 109 G6. Although I am not sure about its origin and certain that some Gustav experts will fill us in on its history. This is a Gustav 20 minute drive from Moscow center in the Zadorozhnuy museum. Those blades are certainly from a Czech built example but I don’t know about the rest. At the time I was preoccupied with the prototype MiG-29 and the Yak-38’s also in the museum so just took these two views of this G-6, anyway the small placard in front of it claims it is a G-6.

Me109G62_zps71a244e1.jpg

Me109G61_zps448e6863.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

In 2007 we were allowed access to Zadorozhny's storage hangar - where I took these photos of the same G6 in Gabor's photos....

day07_022.jpg

day07_023.jpg

In 2008 it was on display.......

day07_014.jpg

day07_015.jpg

day07_016.jpg

day07_017.jpg

The Werk Nummer is 411768 - but I understand that the props are wrong.

In 2009 I photographed it again - it had been moved and appears to have sustained some damage... :woot.gif:/>

day03_015.jpg

In 2011 it looked like it was fixed.....

day5_021.JPG

I didn't photograph it in 2012.....but paid my usual homage in 2013....

day4_033.JPG

I really should get out more........ :whistle:/>

Ken

I wasn't aware there was a Bf109 there. The prop is definitely funkalicious (almost looks like a CS-199 or an Fw190D-9 prop).

Regardless, given the job that Zvezda did on their Friedrich, I'm ecstatic that they're doing a Gustav (and let us hope, a whole family including a Kurfurst). I've been ogling the box contents of the F-4 I got recently, and I'm still finding bits and pieces that amaze me. Clearly a LOT of careful consideration went into the design of the kit, and apparently, some good math (unlike their Slavic neighbors to the west).