1/32 Bf109G-14

So I decided to build the Revell Bf109G-6 with all the Alley cat resin sets. I figured this would be quite a straight forward and quick

build that I could complete in my summer break from University....how wrong I was! I wont go into to much detail about the kits fit

issues as I think its been said numerous times before on other folks builds. However it has to be said that I think many of the

problems I had were due to my mediocre modelling skills! The Alley cat set is beautiful and is a 'must have' set for this kit but I may

not bother using aires's cockpits again due to fit issues (which Ive had with every set I had from them.)

This is the bird i'm making (montex masks) Bf109G-14 yellow 25.

DSC_0634.jpg

Aires cockpit (Fit issues? Oh yes). Need to tone down weathering.

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

Assembly underway, oh and a crap load of rivets (MDC rivet tool)

DSC_0631.jpg

DSC_0632.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

A wash of humbrol black to highlight rivets and mistakes

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

That's all for now, next update she'll have some paint on :salute:/>/>

Wow, what great work. May want to post this in the In-Progress forum though.

I had major issues with the Aries pit. First and last time I'll buy any of their stuff. It threw off the fuselage which resulted in the Alleycat cowling not fitting well. I'm still working through all the issues on my G-6 build.

Looks like you are in better shape than I am, great job with the rivets as well. I'll be following closely.

John

Wow, what great work. May want to post this in the In-Progress forum though.

I had major issues with the Aries pit. First and last time I'll buy any of their stuff. It threw off the fuselage which resulted in the Alleycat cowling not fitting well. I'm still working through all the issues on my G-6 build.

Looks like you are in better shape than I am, great job with the rivets as well. I'll be following closely.

John

Thanks John, I had your build in mind when I decided not to detail the issues I had! Pretty much every issue you encountered I had to! And yes will repost in 'in progress'.

Zak

Hello.

Nice work on that Me love the rivets !!

Cheers

Boris

Thanks Boris! I think the rivets look a little 'loud' on these pics but they will look much more subtle under paint

Hello Zak

I have read some remarks that the Aires cockpit set is the same one for the Hasegawa kit only reboxed and if this were true considering that the older kit has an inaccurate cross-section its no wonder the fit was somewhat difficult. Aires stuff is generally quite well detailed but a real pain to install (their wheel wells such as for the Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190 and P-47 fighters require sanding until almost translucent to fit correctly).

Horrido!

Leo