Johnsons Clear/Future in Australia

My lot of Clear has leaked into the box during my move, so something I didn't expect to have to replace has gone. But, just like the concentrated Simple Green, I am having trouble tracking the Johnsons product down. I have found some acrylic floor varnishes, but they are not the same as Clear, as they are more liquid, smell of ammonia and are milky when liquid.

Again, a quick look in Bunnings, Coles and Woolworths has come up short, anyone know where it is available, and of course whether it is under a different name?

There are people that use Pascoe's long life, it's a yellow bottle sold in quite a few places. I'm yet to use it, but I believe it has that ammonia like smell that you were referring to... That's the only thing we have available these days unfortunately. 'Pledge One Go' used to be the it product but has long since disappeared from our shelves.

There are people that use Pascoe's long life, it's a yellow bottle sold in quite a few places. I'm yet to use it, but I believe it has that ammonia like smell that you were referring to... That's the only thing we have available these days unfortunately. 'Pledge One Go' used to be the it product but has long since disappeared from our shelves.

This is what I use. Not as good as Future but good nonetheless.

I have in front of me a bottle called Pledge One Go from Johnsons. (or as I call him... Fred)

Found in the cleaning isle in Woolworths in Rockingham, WA.

Admittedly that was about 4-5 years ago now... so I also got some Klear sent across from NZ... Countdown in Pukekohe also by Johnson.

I think that the Pledge may be slightly glossier.. ,but.. I have not compared really.. :)...

Pascoe's Long Life is pretty good, especially for dipping canopies. Haven't tried airbrushing it though. Also, I can't compare it against Clear/Future since I've never used Clear/Future before.

I've just been to the Victorian Hobby Centre to ask if they know of anywhere that sells it, and there answer was 'no, but....'and they proceeded to show me Humbrol Clear gloss varnish, which the reckon is Humbrol's version of Future / Clear. It isn't cheap at AUS$15 a 125ml bottle, but I bought some to try. Not sure if it will turn out to be as good as Future, only time will tell, but I'll let you know the results

Les

It airbrushes ok, but I find it goes on better with a brush.

OK. I still prefer Tamiya/Gunze gloss clear for spraying gloss coat prior to decaling and/or weathering.