Italeri 1/48 S-3 Viking

Hi all.

Here is my Italeri 1/48 S-3 Viking. I used the Eduard Zoom set for the cockpit and the Aeromaster S-3 Vikings of the Fleet Lo Vis, Pt 4 decal sheet.

I managed to remove the seam from the intakes by joining them and then cutting the intakes in half to fill and sand the seam. It took a little while but was worth the effort.

The missing antennas and the doors to the pod were added after I took these photos. The kit decals I found were utterly useless. They were to light in colour and they would also self destruct when I tried to apply them. I also wish I had dulled the yellow strips on the wings and tail a bit as well as they seem to really ping out at you.

Over all I am happy with this model but I wish I had done some things better.

Hope you like my pics.

Thanks

Mike

14364025753_faf16ee4ce_c.jpg

14320699406_3317c63f16_c.jpg

14157340327_a54b555bf6_c.jpg

14157171088_4512573352_c.jpg

14320702526_7e69b7a8d1_c.jpg

Edited by Webby

Thanks guys for your kind comments, much appreciated :)/>

Excellent, looks really nice. Can I ask, do you think the photo-etch was worthwhile? I have this kit to build and need to decide what (if any) accessories I get for it.

Thanks

FF

Hi ForestFan

The zoom set was a major upgrade over the kit cockpit and it was reasonably priced, I was glad I put it in. If I was to build another though I would try a resin cockpit.

There are so many birds I'd love to build, and youse gice, ain't making it easy to see others doing them, and this one is no exception. An aircraft I really like, and done so very, very well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A rock solid build. Excellent job at painting, decaling, and weathering. All three elements come together equally well. Just one question. You used the PE cockpit upgrade, but from your pictures the glass is so tinted I can't see inside.

Joel

Thanks alot guys means alot :)

A rock solid build. Excellent job at painting, decaling, and weathering. All three elements come together equally well. Just one question. You used the PE cockpit upgrade, but from your pictures the glass is so tinted I can't see inside.

Joel

The canopy looks way darker in the photo's than in real life. It's alot more see through when your holding the model.

Thanks alot guys means alot :)/>

The canopy looks way darker in the photo's than in real life. It's alot more see through when your holding the model.

Glad to hear that. I would be a real shame to have done all that work, and then no one could see it.

Joel

• 3 months later...