Checked one off the "bucket-list" today!

I don't post here very often - although I visit nearly everyday. However, I had to share an incredible experience I had this afternoon. I went tandem hang gliding on Lookout Mountain, TN (near my home in Chattanooga). This past Christmas, the wife gave me and my oldest son (Ryan - 16) a voucher good for one tandem hang gliding ride. Now let me say I'm not a fan of "open heights" and no engine! I'm a private pilot with nearly 3,000 hours - put me in a cockpit and I'm completely fine! Put me on the ledge of a cliff, or some other open height, and it's another story . . . . So, I wasn't sure I'd like the hang gliding experience!

Let me tell you that it was the most incredible experience I've had in the air! It was the closest thing to pure flying I've ever experienced and hope to do it again soon. Started out with a ultra-light tow up to 3,000 feet, then released the cable and started the gentle ride back to Earth. Quite the adrenaline rush doing steep turns, stalls, and dives. Enjoy the pics of the beautiful Tennessee valley.

Jim

That is awesome!

As a father of a 16 year old son as well; I can tell that he'll be talking about this experience he had with his 'old man' for a loooooong time!

Truly, a father/son bonding experience!

Thanks for sharing!