Attended Scottcon yesterday and enjoyed it. It is held in what looks like a converted hanger, with very high ceilings. It is neat because you are amidst a bunch iconic aircraft, but the lighting in that place is awful. It almost feels like the power went out and they are running an aux generator. It probably does not help that the ceiling is painted black. The only other whine I have is I think the awards could be of a higher quality. I don't care for soccer medals with ribbons. Now, having said that, I realize Scottcon is a smaller show than some, and quality awards are expensive. I have heard they get the venue for free, however. A few years ago they did these very nice plexiglass stand up awards, which I think were very well received. They might consider going back to them. Aside from that, the show was fine. A good number of venders were present. The judging seemed fair and consistent. The model entry form itself featured a helpful section where you could provide some limited feedback to the builder without having to go into tremendous detail or resorting to cumbersome points calculations.

In any case, here are some pics:

Scottcon 2014

Edited by DutyCat

Well, considering the lighting conditions you had to work with I think your shots came out really well. What did you use to take the photos ?

Steve

Nikon D3000 on manual. 1/80 shutter speed, f10, internal flash with a simple plastic diffuser to cut the glare down a little. Mostly full flash, but some close ups with half power flash. Standard kit 18-55 lens.