Not part of the group build.......

Hi guys,

Here's a few pics of my recently finished 1/32nd scale Hasegawa A-4E done up as NFWS #55. I started it over a year ago, so it was too far along for the group build. I added a Black Box cockpit set, and still need to add the pull ring to the ejection seat. The decals are from my spares box. The nose and tail numbers were done by a friend on his copier. The red looked great on the decal paper, but once I got them on the model I realized that they were way too dark red. They should have been much more red, and I think that the #55 should have been bigger as well. Oh well.... I'm still happy with it, but if I had to do it over I'd have had Kenny at Gatorsmask do some masks for me instead. I've been wanting to build this jet ever since I saw it on Topgun's ramp back in 1982. 32 years later and I finally built it! Fred.

DSC_2939_zps1a3e3ca0.jpg

DSCN1373_zpsff360c8d.jpg

DSCN1370_zps457a2687.jpg

Very nice Fred! Absolutely love this scheme!!!!

I contemplated it for my BBGB Skyhawk build, but I found it quite intimidating for my skill level. What did you use for the camo mask?

Mike

Very nice Fred! Absolutely love this scheme!!!!

I contemplated it for my BBGB Skyhawk build, but I found it quite intimidating for my skill level. What did you use for the camo mask?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kind comments ;0) This jet has always been a favorite of mine too. I didn't use any masks for the painting...... Its all free hand. It really wasn't all that hard since the colors don't contrast very much. Just take your time with it! Also, don't use the Twobobs instruction sheet for your reference.... Its a little off. I used the diagrams done by David Aungst instead. Take care, Fred.

Edited by f5guy
  • 2 weeks later...