When I was a teenager, I used to get my chilidogs and Big Gulps at 7-11. Does that count? I mean, eating hot dogs off those heated rollers from a 7-11 is pretty creepy in and of itself, right?

Eric

Eric,

I always cringed when I ate those, but I could never stop myself; for whatever reason, they tasted so good. My stomach churns now, even though I crave.

My downfall are the strawberry/coconut Zingers. They look SO good in the package, but once I've eaten them, I feel like I have a lead shot in my stomach. You'd think I'd learn, but everytime I run across them, I think, "Maybe they'll taste better this time!". They don't. What's the definition of insanity?

Edited by Darren Roberts

Sounds like my cat and the robin attacking the window. The bird would see his reflection, attack it and get his claws caught on the screen and flap around, which would trigger my cat's prey drive, his eyes would dilate, and he'd launch himself INTO the window (from the inside) in an attempt to reach the bird. He'd do this three or four times in succession, banging into the window near full force. The sad thing was, you could see it on his face that he understood what was going on, that he knew he couldn't reach the bird and was embarrassed about the situation, but the instinctive drive to catch the bird was just too strong to overcome.

Eric,

I always cringed when I ate those, but I could never stop myself; for whatever reason, they tasted so good. My stomach churns now, even though I crave.

Sheetz dogs are far better than 7-11, but not as widely available. Sheetz is, as far as I know, a Mid-Atlantic chain.

Sounds like my cat and the robin attacking the window. The bird would see his reflection, attack it and get his claws caught on the screen and flap around, which would trigger my cat's prey drive, his eyes would dilate, and he'd launch himself INTO the window (from the inside) in an attempt to reach the bird. He'd do this three or four times in succession, banging into the window near full force. The sad thing was, you could see it on his face that he understood what was going on, that he knew he couldn't reach the bird and was embarrassed about the situation, but the instinctive drive to catch the bird was just too strong to overcome.

I was laughing so hard reading this. Reminds me of my dads cat, a Maine Coon, that would most of the time just lay around, but then every once in a while would decide he needs to be 'THERE' and off he goes. He also did this weird 'bird-call' thing. Was kind of cool, but weird to hear it from a cats mouth.

Eric,

LOL! Remember how we could eat that stuff in our youth without even blinking an eye? I remember getting hot chicken broth out of the drink dispenser in the auto shop where I worked as a young man.

No matter if I was getting the 7-11 chilidogs or the machine dispensed chicken broth, I always made sure I had a pocketful of change just in case I got a case of the munchies. I'm 43 now and, while the memories are fond, I just don't think I could eat those items anymore. (I also have two young girls which means I no longer have cash.)

Eric

Well..

On Dec. 7th 1941 my Grandma was observing her 32nd Bday. On 9/11/2001 I was observing my 35th bday. I'm guesin' that if I hapin' to still be above ground on my grandchild's to be born in the future thirty-something bday, I better have a really big bunker.

Note: I didn't understand till 2001 why grandma "observed" and didn't "celebrate" birthday.

Edited by Sabre Freak

LOL! Remember how we could eat that stuff in our youth without even blinking an eye? I remember getting hot chicken broth out of the drink dispenser in the auto shop where I worked as a young man.

Actually, for the most part, I still can (if I wanted to, though if only I knew then what I know now regarding ingredients and health). :P/>

My tastes at age 38 have refined, and though I'm still svelte, my metabolism has slowed enough to allow me a little patience to get home and eat something worthwhile without my blood sugar immediately crashing.