Notice of Closure: DrpepperResins.com

11th June 2014: Notice of Temporary(maybe) Closure

Guys, your support for drpepperresins has been great. Come to think of it, i've now operated this small business for almost 10 years! how time flies.

during that 10 years, we had constantly resisted the "price increase" monster and tried our best to stick to our principle of delivering you cheap and good resin accessories for your models. This was even despite the local currency depreciating against the USD by almost 30% (started out around 1 USD: 1.8, now it's 1USD : 1.25) , thanks to Uncle Ben.

in that same period, prices of postage also went up and we had to increase postage charges, just once (from 4 to 5 USD for the base rate).

alas, in the last 10 years, life has also progressed and i find myself with less and less time to run this business. priorities change, people change, we all grow older, get more established in our day jobs.

this is especially after i moved out of my parents house (which has space for the casting material) and into a much smaller apartment closer to the city center. this meant that in order to cast a round, i had to drive about 15 mins back to my parents place, pour the molds, leave to run some errands, come back 2+ hours later to demold, and repeat if there was time.

naturally, there wasn't time. on an average weekend i would be lucky if i could have one cast. Thus, i was never able to ship your item the next day. And in this age where everything is instant, i started to experience many people who wanted their products... yesterday. I don't blame them, dudes like spruebrothers and amazon are simply too efficient.

Come end Aug, i will be undertaking a Masters Program in the UK. This means that i will have to leave the country for a year, and naturally i am not gonna be shipping my casting equipment there. For this period, drpepperresins.com will be closed from orders (if you place an order, please be prepared to wait till Nov 15 for it to be fulfilled). Then again, a lot can happen in 1 years' time, and this is a good opportunity for me to take a break and reflect if i want to continue this business.

as such, the last date that i will accept orders is 30th Jun, 0000 PST. This is because i will need about 1.5 months to clear outstanding orders, and pack for my move.

thank you all very much for your support over these years, i hope the resin accessories have benefited you and your model.

This is a bitter-sweet news. I'm sad to hear that you'll need to close up shop, but I understand completely. I'm excited for you, though, because you are entering a new season in you life that could potentially open doors you never could have imagined. Higher education is a wonderful, fulfilling experience. Good luck!

My daughter is presently working on a Masters in Bio-Archaeology at the University of York in the UK and is scheduled to finish in September. She is having a great time and wonderful experience. Hope you get as much out of your educational endeavors as it is certainly an opportunity you simply can't pass up. Good Luck to you.

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN