Nice WW2 USAAF Color Pics

Great collection, thanks for sharing.

A couple of small corrections for photo 5 though: it is a Mosquito PR Mk XVI as the caption wonders (not XV) and they were used mainly for target weather reconnaissance. The red tails were added around August 1944 and were, as the caption states, to prevent mis-identification as Me 410s. I know because I've just finished one. IMG_3167_zps0a05b1ab.jpg

Airfix kit with some Eduard etch and Carpena decals.

Apologies for the short thread hi-jack, once again thanks for posting. Link duly bookmarked.

Wowzer! What a nice bunch of well-preserved slides.

The page 2 photo of Skinner's crew awaiting his Spitfire engine start is a fantastic view of real-world weathering. And the crash-landed Mitchell would have sure helped the fella who earlier asked about B-25 pilot window being able to open.

Thanks, for posting, 11bee

Just looking at the first two pages. I have a book that has almost every one of the WWII pics in it, in large full color beautiful pictures. The book is written with nothing but stories and letters from the people who were there. There are a lot of great stories in that book, HIGHLY recommended!!

The book is air command by Ethell. There are 3 seperate versions, one for fighters, one for bombers and one with the fighters AND bombers!

http://www.amazon.com/Air-command-Fighters-bombers-World/dp/0681227451/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403283127&sr=8-1&keywords=air+command+ethell