Tumpey 1/72 J-15 box art

Cool but Su-27KUB is the kit that is really interesting...

Agreed - and I can't wait to get it - I just hope they get it right.

But it is a strange marketing choice - a one-off airframe that is no longer flying.

I would have thought that a Su-34 would be a better seller - but what do I know ???

Don't get me wrong - I applaud Trumpeter for doing it and I'm excited at the prospect - it's just that there are more 'marketable' choices, IMHO.

Like a canarded Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA for example.

Just saying....

Ken

PS - Re the J-15 - we already have the acceptable Hasegawa Su-33 and the promised Zvezda Su-33 - plus decals to make the J-15, but I guess the more-the-merrier is OK.

I dont think Trumpeter really does any marketing research tbh. :D They just make stuff, regardless of how many has been made in real life. I mean they are releasing a frikin' Szhatie laser tank. Not exactly an in service machine. But i will buy it regardless. :D

Bigger boxart:

10388116_317151601776773_5471322316826659250_n.jpg

Edited by Berkut

Agreed - and I can't wait to get it - I just hope they get it right.

But it is a strange marketing choice - a one-off airframe that is no longer flying.

I would have thought that a Su-34 would be a better seller - but what do I know ???

It seems to be a standard practice to offer less appealing variants first to increase the chances that people waiting for e.g. the Su-34 might get the KUB, too (if they will offer the KUB to start with, that is and fortunately they will).

Edited by ijozic

I don't think that this lack of commonality is relevant here as I didn't bring the Su-34 to discussion and was referring to variants release in general.

But, yes, I agree with you as I don't think this release is preceeding the Fullback, but as Trumpeter was doing the naval variant, they decided to offer something new and do the prototype naval twin seater (e.g. like the A-10 twin seater) and I thank them for this approach.

Edited by ijozic

But, yes, I agree with you as I don't think this release is preceeding the Fullback, but as Trumpeter was doing the naval variant, they decided to offer something new and do the prototype naval twin seater (e.g. like the A-10 twin seater) and I thank them for this approach.

That i can agree on. Hopefully it will be good accuracy wise, there probably wont be a second chance for anyone, ever. The J-15 looked decent at first look atleast.

I dont think Trumpeter really does any marketing research tbh. :D/> They just make stuff, regardless of how many has been made in real life.

Trumpeter (AND HobbyBooBoo) don't appear to do much of ANY research, IMHO. Just look at their track record of innaccurate kits. <_<

Larry

Su33KUB may be in Chi. Aircraft factory, you may see them on CV16 soon or later :blink:/>

To admit that is indeed one thing I would like to know. I remember that some time ago (right after the KUB was reequipped with TVC-engines) it was especially demonstrated to the PLAN. .... so far without any result.

Does anyone have any better information on the outcome of these talks ???

Deino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dieno,

If I take the Trumpeter J-15 (when it arrives) - and graft on the upper fuselage/cockpit section from a Trumpeter Su-30MKK - can I make a J-15S ???

Are there any other visible differences ???

I feel a Flanker coming on......... :whistle:

Ken

PS - I hope Trumpeter get their J-15 right - bigger wing and all........ :pray: :pray:

Dieno,

If I take the Trumpeter J-15 (when it arrives) - and graft on the upper fuselage/cockpit section from a Trumpeter Su-30MKK - can I make a J-15S ???

Are there any other visible differences ???

I feel a Flanker coming on......... :whistle:/>/>

Ken

PS - I hope Trumpeter get their J-15 right - bigger wing and all........ :pray:/>/> :pray:/>/>

Hi Ken ... regarding the twin-seater J-15S I think YES. The only detail I'm not sure is if the J-15S also features a slightly taller tail in comparison to the standard J-15. However the tail seems wider but not as tall as on the MKK.

Deino

Regarding bigger wing ??? ... I thought that bigger wing was only used on the Russian Su-33KUB, whereas the J-15 and J-15S has the common Su-33 wing.

Edited by Deino