F-16C Lizard/Flogger Aggressor

Hi all... Decided to enter this one into the GB, although I'm not sure if I'm going to finish this before the deadline...

It's Hasegawa 1/72 F-16C Idolmaster coupled with TwoBobs Blue Fox Bandits.

20140613_221636_zpszpvnbxip.jpg

I actually already started an in-progress thread outside of the GB a few days ago. I wasn't planning to enter this into the GB before since I'm pretty positive that I would not be able to finish this before the GB deadline.

This will be built in-flight.

If I can finish this by the deadline, all good. Otherwise, I'll just continue building at my own pace....

Progress has been surprisingly quick.

Domed nut for the tripod glued on using 5-minute epoxy glue. Cockpit also all done.

20140614_223859_zpslhydyhuj.jpg

20140614_223926_zpsw7izdtme.jpg

Intake installed. All wheel wells closed up.

20140614_224029_zpsg3i8pwmm.jpg

Sprayed Tamiya XF-1 flat black for the... cockpit bulkhead? Is that the right term?

20140614_224045_zpsdupk2fp7.jpg

The main canopy had a bit of scuff mark on it, so I polished it up with Tamiya Polishing Compound (Finishing grade), inside and out, then dipped in Pascoe's Long Life.

IMG_6554_zpsfbcf3463.jpg

Also glued up the two fuselage halves, sanded and filled the seam lines around the radome and forward section just underneath the cockpit. While sanding, the HUD fell off. For a minute, I thought I lost the HUD to the carpet monster. Luckily I found the darned thing on the desk. PHEW! So, to prevent this from happening again, I decided to install the canopy.

IMG_6555_zps7a0c2893.jpg

BTW, I dry-brushed all the black painted cockpit area with Citadel Boltgun Metal.

Side-on view... I'll need to respray black paint to check if I still need to work on the seam lines.

IMG_6556_zpsdcacfcfd.jpg

I'm pretty positive that I won't be able to finish this before the deadline. But... I'll continue this thread for now right up till the end of the GB, then I'll only update the "normal" WIP thread under In-Progress forum.

:lol: I'm not gonna rush this just to make the deadline. I want to build this properly. My other two Aggressor Vipers that I built some time ago were a bit too rushed, resulting in some rookie mistakes that I should not have made.

I don't know what came over me... Last night, out of whim, I decided to cut off the molded wingtip rails and replace them with the LAU-129 that came with the kit. Probably shouldn't have bothered, because as careful as I tried in cutting them off, the end result wasn't quite a straight line. So, when I installed the LAU-129, there was a small gap at each end. Hopefully the putty will help....

20140626_231431_zpsuinzp7jy.jpg

I will only load up this bird with an inert AIM-9 and ACMI Pod. The AIM-9 is from the box, while the ACMI Pod is from the Hasegawa aircraft weapon set. Here they are sanded and sprayed with black to check if they need more sanding and/or puttying.

20140626_231501_zps2g797qb4.jpg

Here's where things are at right now... Wings on.... Sanded and filled the seam line between the wings and fuselage.

Used Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer here...

20140628_121003_zpsg0kc7ltu.jpg

Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer for the right wing, Tamiya White Putty for the left...

20140628_121010_zpst7kmljmw.jpg

'Later!