You could direct their attention to this thread.

If you get enough people citing the "pics or GTFO" concept, they might come to understand the idea of evidence supporting a claim is not a fevered dream unique to you.

Hanlon's razor encourages us to not ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. It could be they're sufficiently dim as to not be able to operate a camera and upload the resulting images, but if they can make online purchases, I doubt that.

I'm all for fair trading. You seem to have acted in good faith. You deserve that nicety in return, and pics are the key to that.

Me too.

BTW, do you have link to your shuttle 'beanie cap' so that we can get more info?

Thanks.

Gosh, I thought everyone on this board knew about the shuttle beany cap since it has been kicking around for the past year or so.

Here is a link to the build thread. Just scroll down to the bottom and you can see how it was mastered and molded. I am currently in the process of laying out all of the thermal blanket insulation on the orbiter body. It is a time consuming and painful task, which is why there has not been an update in awhile. I also had some smaller projects I was trying to push out which were taking my time.

There is also the Youtube Beany Cap video which illustrates how to prepare it for installation and the

video series which compares the 1/72 Monogram and Revell orbiters. It is up to 20 parts so far and still going. I am hoping get the Monogram stack finished this Summer in time for nationals, but the Revell orbiter build will likely stretch until Fall and maybe early into 2015. Edited by DutyCat

Me too.

BTW, do you have link to your shuttle 'beanie cap' so that we can get more info?

Thanks.

Gosh, I thought everyone on this board knew about the shuttle beany cap since it has been kicking around for the past year or so.

Here is a link to the build thread. Just scroll down to the bottom and you can see how it was mastered and molded. I am currently in the process of laying out all of the thermal blanket insulation on the orbiter body. It is a time consuming and painful task, which is why there has not been an update in awhile. I also had some smaller projects I was trying to push out which were taking my time.

There is also the Youtube

which illustrates how to prepare it for installation and the
video series which compares the 1/72 Monogram and Revell orbiters. It is up to 20 parts so far and still going. I am hoping get the Monogram stack finished this Summer in time for nationals, but the Revell orbiter build will likely stretch until Fall and maybe early into 2015. Edited by DutyCat

So, did the buyer get to keep the product AND get a refund?!

Yes. We weren't communicating well, and I was not going to bear the expense and hassle of another overseas shipment for someone who was giving me attitude. It isn't like I am making a living off of these things. I pick up a few bucks for online shopping, but that is it. Not worth the aggravation if someone gets difficult.

Yes. We weren't communicating well, and I was not going to bear the expense and hassle of another overseas shipment for someone who was giving me attitude. It isn't like I am making a living off of these things. I pick up a few bucks for online shopping, but that is it. Not worth the aggravation if someone gets difficult.

That's the problem with how eBay/Paypal is set up.

There are people out there who will take full advantage of eBay/Paypal's policy and get a win-win for themselves.

It appears that if a buyer drags out his/her complaint long enough the seller will give in just to get whole situation over with and behind them. The buyer ends up with the product AND their money back.

International shipping is a crap shoot at the best of times, even from the UK I wont ship to Europe anymore unless I know the item will sell there much better, and that's not a lot of kits.

I recently send a sheet of decals to a friend in Florida and it took over 3 weeks to arrive!

With ebay it is certainly not the place it was even a couple of years ago, too many companies and way to biased to the buyer.

Julien

That's the problem with how eBay/Paypal is set up.

There are people out there who will take full advantage of eBay/Paypal's policy and get a win-win for themselves.

It appears that if a buyer drags out his/her complaint long enough the seller will give in just to get whole situation over with and behind them. The buyer ends up with the product AND their money back.

I am not saying I necessarily doubt that the item was damaged. It probably was. I just wanted to see a pic, which was a reasonable request. The other aspect of this was his expectation that I should bear the entire expense of replacement and shipping overseas. It s not MY fault the item was damaged. He presumed it was because the item was in a bubble envelope,,,that I should have put it in a box. As I said, it is a robust piece and simply will not break unless subjected to extreme stress. A cardboard box would make NO difference. A wooden box, yes. But I ain't doin' that.

Then when he started threatening to complain to ebay/paypal....that was it.

I have modified my listing with a specific disclaimer. Show me a photo of the damaged piece, and I will send a new piece at cost. But no photo and threats....forget it. He won this round (except that he did not get a replacement piece) as he got his money back without evidence of damage. But I learned from it.

Incidentally, he has not reordered, so he must be going to make do with repairing his broken piece, if it was ever broken at all.

I just had a similar case with a 1/35 dragon helo that I bought from a seller in Germany. The kit was missing the main body sprue (which had been swapped with a non-body sprue from a huey). I took pics of all the sprues and the directions to show what was missing and wrong.

I actually only asked for my kit part of the purchase back, because I had asked the seller to ship to USA when they originally did not. So, if I did not ask, it would have never happened. I felt guilty. Maybe I shouldn't have, but we all gotta do what's right, right?