Moskit Exhausts

Does anyone out there know the story why Moskit quit production of their aircraft exhausts?? Im especially interested in finding some of their 1/32 scale P-51 Exhausts and if anyone else might be producing a similar item.

I have for a long time worked with the "Moskit" (half of their 1/48 and 1/32 pipes were made from my masters). At the beginning of the 2000th years owners have quarreled and the firm have broke up to 2 parts. There were for some time 2 Moskits existed, then Alexey has passed away (heart attack at the age of 44), Igor still makes branch pipes in small amounts.

Not so long ago the new firm "Rexx" with the similar production has appeared

http://www.scale-model-kits.com/manufacturers/Rexx.html

Sergey.

I have for a long time worked with the "Moskit" (half of their 1/48 and 1/32 pipes were made from my masters). At the beginning of the 2000th years owners have quarreled and the firm have broke up to 2 parts. There were for some time 2 Moskits existed, then Alexey has passed away (heart attack at the age of 44), Igor still makes branch pipes in small amounts.

Not so long ago the new firm "Rexx" with the similar production has appeared

http://www.scale-model-kits.com/manufacturers/Rexx.html

Sergey.

The Rexx exhausts look promising, but every one I checked on the site you linked was 'out of stock'. Is there another source for these by any chance?

BW

The Rexx exhausts look promising, but every one I checked on the site you linked was 'out of stock'. Is there another source for these by any chance?

I ordered Rexx 109 exhaust from Jadar, and it took them forever to get it - maybe 3-4 months? It was in early 2013.

IIRC, Rexx' range of exhaust pipes covers only 1/72nd and 1/48th scale.

I've got several 32nd scale Moskits in my stash, I'll look it up and get back to you ASAP.

Note: the P-51 Moskits are the unshrouded ones.

Erik

I've got several 32nd scale Moskits in my stash, I'll look it up and get back to you ASAP.

I've just ransacked my stash but I haven't got any P-51 exhausts left. Sorry.

Erik

The Ukranian Rexx items were available at different shows in full range. I had some Spit exhausts from them at the Brno show, at E Day, at Moson show as well as at the Plastic Zima in Bratislava. They are excellent!

I dont know about ordering from i net shops but try at bigger modeling shows. I get most of the things at shows and they keep me going till the next show. :)

Best regards

Gabor

These hollow metal pipes are really unique. I get my REXX pipes from ebay. A guy in Prague, Cz. has them. They are around $10 a piece for the 1:72 ones.

What else there is available in other scales, i do not know. He also have alot of 1:72 miniworld weapons and some Artmodel kits ;-)