kinda wanting to do these three in North Vietnamese markings (up in the air right now). I would prefer 1/72 scale, but maybe 1/48th would be best for me. Who and what are the best kits to look for? I know little if much at all about them. So any advice would be appreciated in advance.

gary

The VPAF didn't fly the single seat MiG-15. By the time it came into existence the MiG-17 was number one. I believe they did have some UTI's.

As far as kits, Trumpeter for the MiG-15UTI, Hobby Boss (with all its warts) for the MiG-17, and Trumpeter for the MiG-19.

It is questionable about MiG-15UTIs being in theater. Most MiG training occurred in the Soviet Union in the early days. Maybe VPAF MiGs would have been stuck there. I have never heard of a MiG-15 sighting during the War.

I agree with Jennings opinion about 1/48 MiG's.

For 1/72:

MiG-15UTI, Hobbyboss

MiG-17F, AZ models, the No. AZ 7330, reference come with decals for 4 North Vietnamese "Fresco's", they are red 2011, red 2077, red 3020, all them from 923 regiment. and yellow 1905.

Dragon haves another nice fresco.

MiG-19S, Bilek haves the better kit in 1/72 and includes decals for red 6023

Cheers