I just landed my dream job!

I don't post much, if anything, about my personal life but I just have to gloat a little on here. This past May I graduated from the University of Texas-Pan American with a degree in Art Education with all level certification. Well fast forward to today, I got a call from the high school I did my student internship at offering me a job! So of course I said YES!

Thanks everyone! It's been a full day since I got the news and I'm still on cloud 9.

D-Rob- everyone tells me that the first year sucks but I'm in a pretty fortunate position. 1st of all since I did my student internship there I'm already familiar with the staff and most of the students that I will have in my classes next year. Secondly the teacher that I am replacing is now one of my bosses and finally the campus I will be at is an IB school and has very dedicated and motivated students.

Edited by xavi84

Both our daughters did gap years at schools in England (eldest is still there working as a drama gap teacher/assistant). There are some tough times with some of the kids, but they love it and it is great experience. Our eldest just directed her first school play with 16-17yo kids. Some if them were a PITA, the night before performance she was tearing her hair out, but she soldiered on and as they say "it will be alright on the night" and it was, the kids nailed it!

Congratulations my friend!

Awesome! Hard work usually does pay off.

This is true in civilized Countries , not in Italy...

Graduated from Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma ( Rome' Fine Art Academy ) with 110/110 votation and after 7 years I'm stiil without a real job,only some baby parking and child summer camps under the belt...

Gianni