This is my latest build. I build terribly slow (too many other hobbies to distract me) But I started this last fall and then put it away for a couple of months only two start up and finish about 4 weeks ago. Classic Monogram B-24 with a Koster rear turret, a mix Kitsword and superscale decals, Squadron canopy, EZ line rigging (That stuff is amazing!), and an unbelievable amount of fish weight in the nose to make it sit properly. Paint is a custom mix of model master for the "pinkish tan". Oil wash. I still need to paint the formation lights. If you see anything else - let me know!

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - it always turns out to be hard to take photos of completed builds - you always see more things wrong than with the naked eye. Oh well. I probably will not do another 1/48 B-24 as the warping and fit was pretty bad on this release. Next up is a 1/48 Black Cat Catalina!

IMG_9351_zpsb0542f68.jpg

IMG_9350_zpsf5acac5e.jpg

IMG_9349_zps62f02f9d.jpg

IMG_9348_zps6e926e6a.jpg

IMG_9347_zps52186c77.jpg

IMG_9345_zps2930c762.jpg

IMG_9344_zps93f96860.jpg

Edited by mynameismatt

Excellent weathering. Captured the look of a war veteran.

Congrats!

Jeff

+1 especially the exhausts grime it looks as though you actually started the engines and let them blow over the wings.....a most excellent build, what's next on the assembly line?.