FS28193 Color Match

I was hoping to see if anybody knew a close match to the FS28193 color called out in the Furball Fast Fords sheet for the NATC bird? It appears to light for international orange. I was looking thru my paints and it appears to be close to Chevy engine red.

image2_zps7c56c554.jpg

Thank you in advance for information.

There is no 28193 in the 2008 FS595C official fan deck (no 18193 or 38193 either). It may have existed in earlier versions of the standard - colors seem to come and go. There certainly is a 28913 which seems to match the description, though - so it is possible that it may be a typo.

Edited by KursadA

I think Boyer advocates the use of Chevy Engine Red. The now out of production Boyd's Sunburst from Testors was also a suggestion at one time.

Rick L.

No, not as a substitute for a Dayglo color. Boyd Sunburst and Chevy Engine Red are good substitutes for International Orange (FS 12197 which is not a Dayglo color) when the model is usually displayed in artificial light conditions (primarily fluorescent lights). I've found that Testor Model Master International Orange looks dull and more greenish yellow under fluorescent light (blech!). The auto reds look much better, but the downside is that they look almost pure red in daylight and especially with strobes (photography).

At one point, Testor made both fluorescent (Dayglo) red and orange. Not sure what's available these days.

if you truly want the Red 28913, you don't want the Model Master, at least not the Acrylic version

Model Master's #4703 Fluorescent Red labeled paint is really the 28915 Fluorescent Orange when you paint it on something.

LifeColor gets both colors correct, Red 28913 is #LC 22, and Orange 28915 is #LC 23.