MQ-8C Fire-X 1/72 from Attack Squadron

Hello everybody

I would like to share Attack Squadron new kit to be released very soon:

Northrop-Grumman MQ-8C Fire-X 1/72 scale resin kit.

mq8c_render_001.jpg

Especially worth attention is 3D printed rotor head with click-fit blades

foto_010.jpg

Picture of test castings assembled with PE and rotor head. Some imperfections are visible, but they wil not appear in kit.

Drone is prepared for service on missile launcher destroyers DDG. Smaler version MQ-8B we have released both 1/72and 1/48 scale is serving on fregates FFG and Litoral combat ships LCS.

Any comments, critics and suggestions are welcome.

Here you find more on MQ-8C release click

Hello everybody

Smaler version MQ-8B we have released both 1/72and 1/48 scale is serving on fregates FFG and Litoral combat ships LCS.

I never knew the MQ-8B was released in 1/48th. I have checked various on line stores including Jadar Hobby Shop and the 1/48th version is not listed but only the 1/72nd. Can you tell me if this is a future release as I am most interested in one in that scale.

Thanks

Is there any possibility that this kit might be released in the future with clear glazing? It would be amazing to be able to build a civilian Bell 407, the Armed 407 or even attempt to convert it into the ARH-70A Arapaho.

LD.

Edit; Or what about a version of this kit that comes with a second plunge-moulded fuselage in clear plastic and the modeller can then graft the clear nose onto the fuselage. The modeller could then modify the Italeri OH-58D interior to fit.

Edited by Loach Driver

I never knew the MQ-8B was released in 1/48th. I have checked various on line stores including Jadar Hobby Shop and the 1/48th version is not listed but only the 1/72nd. Can you tell me if this is a future release as I am most interested in one in that scale.

Thanks

Here is my shop Scale Model Drones section. You can find there 1/48 MQ-8B.

More about 1/48 MQ-8B kit here

Is there any possibility that this kit might be released in the future with clear glazing? It would be amazing to be able to build a civilian Bell 407, the Armed 407 or even attempt to convert it into the ARH-70A Arapaho.

LD.

Edit; Or what about a version of this kit that comes with a second plunge-moulded fuselage in clear plastic and the modeller can then graft the clear nose onto the fuselage. The modeller could then modify the Italeri OH-58D interior to fit.

Thank you for a very good question, we were thinking about 407 versions too. Our policy is: easy to built perfect fit kit with apropriate level of detail.

We are working on Bell 407 kit, but it not goes that easy. Both vacu and resin cast clear parts are not that good solution. Please give us some more time to find out best way.

Chris: I have the 1/72 MQ8B that I got from Poland no trouble but the 1/48 one is in stock at Hannants too if you prefer that route..

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks

I got mine from Pacific Coast Models.

http://www.pacmodelscatalog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCM&Product_Code=ARM+48003&Category_Code=ATT+AC+148

290_zps0e5fda9c.jpg

289_zpseaa59983.jpg

287_zps76b33111.jpg

285_zps7c0c08e7.jpg

Sincerely,

Dave

Thank you for sharing photos of 1/48 MQ-8B from Attack Squadron. I see you added some improvements. It looks you put a great attention to detail and had a fun!

Great news, I have been hoping for a (civil) B407- kit for many years! Would love to see one in 1:48 and would buy a pile!

:cheers:/>

Gertjan

Thank you for comment on 407. Good sales on MQ-8C will for sure support development of 407 kit both scales.

That looks great, i would love if you could reléase the 407 versión, maybe in 1/32 also??

Rod.

I too would love to see a 1/32 scale version of a 407 kit! Many are in service in the US as law enforcement and EMS helicopters.

David

Wow it looks awesome Wojtek! :woot.gif: I am drooling all over my keyboard.

I see what you mean with the combination of resin and vac form in case of clear parts on a civil 407 not being an easy one though. I might have to paint the window areas gloss black or something to simulate windows... :dontknow:

:cheers:

Gertjan