Matt, That is some seriously awesome modeling you have performed on the PBY. I am duly impressed. The weathering on the wings looks great as well as the chipping you added. You've done a sweet job on the exhaust pipes and stain. My question to you is what kind of and how much weight did you add to the nose to offset the tail sitting issue?

Hey Joe, I made life easy with the nose weight buy purchasing one from Terry Dean:

http://modelingmadne...ssories/td5.htm

For the PBY, the weight goes in right behind the cockpit area. Even so, it was still a little tippy - so I put a few small washers in the nose. That seemed to do the trick!

Edited by mynameismatt

Holly Crap dude. This is the first I have seen of the pictures on my computer. You seriously knocked this one out of the park. Don't touch it anymore with weathering its perfect. What manufacturer of this kit and where did you come up with the paint scheme. This thing is bad a$$. I am watching your A-6E build and thought is was great, but this thing is out of the park.

Now I can't wait for an update on your Intruder. Man keep it coming because I can't get enough.

Holly Crap dude. This is the first I have seen of the pictures on my computer. You seriously knocked this one out of the park. Don't touch it anymore with weathering its perfect. What manufacturer of this kit and where did you come up with the paint scheme. This thing is bad a$. I am watching your A-6E build and thought is was great, but this thing is out of the park.

Now I can't wait for an update on your Intruder. Man keep it coming because I can't get enough.

Many many thanks for the kind words! The kit is the monogram 1/48 PBY-5A. Decals are from yellowhammer. I wasn't too happy with how the decals settled, but they are quite old. The A-6 build is not mine, its Joel_W's. He is knocking that build out of the park, isn't he?!

Real nice job, Matt! Really digging the weathering...did you finally get that OptiVisor!?

Do you remember where you got that magic earaser?

jp

John - aren't you proud of me? It looks like I'll actually complete TWO builds in 6 months. That's a record for me. Must be the switch from 1/32 to 1/48 ;) Just kidding 1/32 is still my go to scale, but these multi-engine 1/48s are fun!

No optivision for me - I'm not THAT old w00t.gif P

Not sure where the magic eraser is from, probably Meijer or WalMart. Packaging should look something like this:

MagicEraser_zps25183a22.jpg