What is it you propose to create in the GB?

Let us know what brand and scale of the vehicle/figure along with a little about the subject (nationality, front, Etc...).

This post will also serve as the official build list for this group build so we can keep track of who is building what.

I'm going to wet my feet with this guy so I don't feel too bad if I mess it up. I'll have to look though some builds so I can plan my attack. I'll also have to make notes on colors used.

P6250001_zps19502789.jpg

Edited by Spectre711

I'll start with the Mirage 1/400 SMS V105. It was under construction in Germany (now Poland) for the Dutch at the start of the war, but impressed by Germany as a torpedo boat. After the war it went to Brazil and ultimately ended up in Poland in 1920 as ORP MAZUR. I also have Part PE for this.

v106-start_zps8b95526b.jpg

I have an Albatros D.III planned as a 2nd build if when I finish this.

I'll start with the Eduard 1/48 Nieuport 17 with the nice mermaid on the side, as on the boxartsmile.gif (Russian Imperial Aviation)

it will be a big challenge for me, as i never work on such small subject before, and will have to discover the joy of rigging (a little, at least)

DSCN6727_zpsf597ef4c.jpg

Of the 18 potential subjects in the stash I think this one looks the most challenging. And since this group build represents the kick-off of my personal Great War theme build, I'll start with the toughest and work my way to the Eduard and Roden kits.

D2002_zpsc99880c4.jpg

And no, I didn't pay $30 for it. Probably half that. This and the Eduard Albatros C.III are probably the earliest aircraft I have in the stash but I already built an Albatros some years ago so a second one can wait. I'll be going with the one of two schemes that is not the box art-a plane that is camouflaged on the topsides only and linen on the rest.

Now to find some paint...

Ken

I'm in with the Roden 1/72 Felixstowe F.2A.

9a6c8bf8-fd87-4058-b1d9-109ff57b2c90_zps9579a192.jpg

As much as I'd like to try and mask the camo, I'm going to use the AIMS decals for the white curlicues and save my efforts for the rigging. That'll be quite challenging enough, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...