• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

finally one build completed!banana.gif (click on the picture to see more photos of the completed build)

DSCN7572_zps03f29742.jpg

this build depict the nieuport 17 N4187 of 22 KAO, september 1917, unknown pilot (to me, at least!) the subject was chosen for that unique mermaid pin-up.

Edited by mingwin

...and here's my second entry completed! biggrin.gif...very happy this is finally completed! (click on the picture to see more photos of the completed build)

DSCN7602_zps854ca6a6.jpg

this build depicts the aircraft of Captain Jevgraf Nikolayevich Krutyenyi. Nieuport 17 N2232, a variant with a "window" in the central part of the wing.

(descrition texct from the kit's instructions)

"The Commander of the 2nd fighting wing of the Russian Air Force, Captain Jevgraf Nikolayevich Krutyenyi won the last three of his nine confirmed kills while flying Nieuport 17, N2232 in May and June 1917. This aircraft may have had the more powerful 120hp Le Rhone engine. On the 19th of June 1917, Captain Jevgraf died when he crashed this aircraft.

Eduard Nieuport 17, 2nd Winf of the Russian Air Force, flown by Cpt. Captain Jevgraf Nikolayevich Krutyenyi, 1917."

Edited by mingwin

...and here's my third Nieuport 17 completedyahoo.gif(click on the picture to see many more photos of the completed build!)

DSCN7642_zps6c397ef8.jpg

this model depict the aircraft of Donat A. Makeenok, a Polish ace that was piloting for the Imperial Russian Air Service. this one have the "dome" feature on its propeller.

Edited by mingwin
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Albatros D.III OEFFAG 253, 253.08, Flik 3J, piloted by Oblt. Stefan Stec in Summer 1918.

Stec's personal marking, the white and red chessboard, was the basis for the Polish Air Force roundel.

I used 0.006" carbon fiber for the rigging; it's stiff like stretched sprue would be.

alb-donea_zpse65a50ef.jpg

alb-doneb_zpsb71622c2.jpg

alb-donec_zps48075800.jpg

alb-doned_zpsac55ad35.jpg

alb-donee_zpsbbc60dc9.jpg

Edited by David N Lombard
  • 1 month later...

Roden 1/72 Felixstowe F2A

CIMG5823.JPG

CIMG5828.JPG

CIMG5851.JPG

CIMG5886.JPG

CIMG5880.JPG

CIMG5831.JPG

CIMG5825.JPG

Hardest. Model. I've. Ever. Done.

Glad it's finished. Would never have done it w/o the social pressure of a group build. On to the Starfish GB entry !

Edited by nickdanger