I know it's not July 1st, but I'd like to participate with a few builds.

-1/72nd Hasegawa MU-2S. I plan to build it in this three-tone grey scheme.

MU2S_226_in1994_zpsd32215b6.jpg

-1/144 Dragon UH-60J. I'll use the Dragon UH-60 as the basis and add parts and decals from Platz UH-60J(SP) kit.

Looking forward to the start of this GB!

John

For this Group Build, I'll be doing:

Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4EJ Phantom

Hasegawa 1/48 F-4EJ Kai Phantom

Hasegawa 1/48 F-15J Shiro Ruyu

And if I still have time, a JGSDF Type 10 tank.

Mike

Edited by Ichitoe

@John: Great choice of subjects, I've never actually seen the Hasegawa MU-2S being built before! Looking forward to seeing how it'll turn out!

@phantom: Why do I get the feeling you're not going to stop at two? yel06.png

@Ichitoe: I plan on doing the Tamiya Type 10 as well. Can't wait to see the Shiro Ryuu with the Platz decals!

I really like Sabres but not as much as phantom likes the F-4. I might do a J.A.S.D.F. Sabre. I have already committed to the Hornet's Nest GB. With summer (and hopefully nice, top down driving weather) here and major summer and fall vacations planned, along with this thing called work, I might have time to finish up a Sabre for this GB. No promises but we'll see.

Mike

Hey all....

I've got an Hasegawa 1/72 F-2 boxing screaming out to be built. It will likely start later in the summer, but I'll definitely be in. If I have time in the fall, I'll probably build a F-15J as well

(maybe the sakura scheme).

I have the following SDF-related items in the stash, although I'll probably won't be able to finish all of them as I also want to take part in the Hornet GB as well as other individual builds.

1/72 Fujimi F-4EJ

1/72 Hasegawa F-4EJ x 3

1/72 Hasegawa F-15J

1/72 Hasegawa AH-1S x 4 (The anime girl choppers)

1/35 Tamiya Type-10 MBT

Sounds like a fun group build! I love all of the anniversary schemes that the JASDF has applied to their aircraft over the years, and I've got quite a stack of them waiting to be built. So, I'll just start with the top of the pile and go with this 40th Anniversary Mitsubishi Mu-2A from the SAR Wing at Niigata.

DSC08320.jpg

My stash, as of a month or so ago.

10481996_275874352597839_8971689287681470891_o.jpg

Everything here has a cunning plan in mind, but the Skyraider is on the bench at the moment for the crop dusting project, and the Beaufighter is next in line for conversion to playground equipment.

Did you post in the wrong topic? I can't see any kit here that's related to this Group Build except for the Tracker.

Edited by White Wolf

Well, it is not easy for me since I have them all in 48 scale but I think I will go for this one:

27zjblh.jpg

I chosed the F-2A since it was the oldest I have already made but also have these:

wgvix4.jpg

t8q7n5.jpg

3482fpw.jpg

zx8ps4.jpg

anyhow will start later in July since I'm in the final stage of the F-104DJ in forest camouflage (Senkyo training)

Edited by Paolo Maglio

@Ichitoe: I plan on doing the Tamiya Type 10 as well. Can't wait to see the Shiro Ryuu with the Platz decals!

WW - Great memory on the Platz decals, and thanks again for the lead on them! My last name is Dragon, so I've had an affinity for this scheme ever since I saw it.

Mike

My planned build will be this one:

IMG_3045.jpg

Gonna start with the 2011 one followed by the 2012. May try to use the Pavla resin cockpit set intended for the Hobby Boss kit, but it seems it might fit.

If time permits I might also build the 2013 one I have waiting in my HLJ private warehouse

Edited by Inquisitor

I am definitely in on this GB. I love the wide range of markings on the Japanese anniversary aircraft. While my favorite is the Japanese Phantom, I think I'll go a slightly different route. I have a 15+ different F-15J and F-15DJ kits in my stash that I have collected for the cool markings. It is about time for me to build one of these puppies. I'll start out conservatively on my first build and will go for a 1/72 Hasegawa F-15J In the Mystic Eagle IV markings.

DSCN2709Large.jpg

MysticEagleIV002.jpg

Have fun modeling!

Mike

@Paolo: Great choice of markings! I missed the chance to get a hold of the Afterburner sheet before it was sold out and now I'm kicking myself for it.

@Inquisitor: Will be looking forward to your build, I have the same kit in the stash but I haven't started on it because of the complexity of the camouflage and decals, mind if I pick up some pointers from your build?

@Els: Nice choice, the Amigo scheme is a classic!

@Mike: Mike, if you need some photos for your build, check out this page: http://www.rose-ridge.com/1998senkyou.htm.

@Litvyak: Sorry to hear about that, I'm in a bit of a slump myself no thanks to work. Hope to eventually see you join in later.