Hi, all

Anyone know of a link that translates Humbrol #'s to FS or at least approximations in other brands? Seems I saw one somewhere, but can't find it now.

Namely looking for #'s 30(dark green) and 64(light gray).

Thanks

Google 'cross reference Humbrol' and the first hit is ipmsstockholm.org

Try there.

Tony

Hi, all

Anyone know of a link that translates Humbrol #'s to FS or at least approximations in other brands? Seems I saw one somewhere, but can't find it now.

Thanks

[/quot

If you can get hold of a Humbrol paint catalogue you will find several lists of cross-reference to FS and other paint manufacturers colours. However the list if limited. You can go to its website I beleive you might find the same listing if you can't get hold of one. If you are doing 1/48 then perhaps the shades of gray and green can be discerning. But if you are doing smaller scale kits perhaps your judgement in mixing the right shade using whatever colours you have to get the desired shade. As you have noticed, there is always a disclaimer on the accuracy of the colours in the cross-reference listing. You get the most variation of shades of greens and grays adopted by the various operators of the particular aircraft that you are building. Regards

Hi, all

Thanks

---

#30 is FS34092

#64 is FS36373

according to my Humbrol Paints and Accessories Chart that I recently bought off Ebay.

Thanks for the help everyone. Tsubame-Home run. Thanks.

Glad to be of help! That's my first homerun in the world of model making advice! The Humbrol paint chart is one of the most useful things I ever bought for model making. You can download similar off Google for free but just to be able to pick up the real thing n flick through it is priceless and cost so little!

---

Oh, I did forget to add that FS34092 is also listed as Humbrol #78 Cockpit Green and #149 Dark Green. Don't know if that's any use but sure as hell beats me as to why!

Edited by Tsubame

I feel the same way. I'd rather have the real thing. I have quite a few Airfix kits I want to build, so I want to get one of those charts. I just searched eBay to see if I could find one, but Im not sure which one it is out of all the search results. Can you describe the one you have?

Thanks

I feel the same way. I'd rather have the real thing. I have quite a few Airfix kits I want to build, so I want to get one of those charts. I just searched eBay to see if I could find one, but Im not sure which one it is out of all the search results. Can you describe the one you have?

Thanks

---

The one I bought is

HUMBROL AZ2155 PAINTS & ACCESSORIES CHART

It has a black cover with two tins of Humbrol paints and three brushes behind them.

---

Put this item number in the Ebay search box:

If it works then that's the seller I got mine from and he has plenty available.

You're kidding me - you have to pay for that?

Afaik it is available free-of-charge at all places that stock Humbrol here in Australia.

Another place to check if you have a tablet then use Scale Model Helper. It is still in it's infancy but it is very helpful.

You're kidding me - you have to pay for that?

Afaik it is available free-of-charge at all places that stock Humbrol here in Australia.

Another place to check if you have a tablet then use Scale Model Helper. It is still in it's infancy but it is very helpful.

Thats fine if you have easy access to a model shop (trying to find one here is harder than it sounds, especially when the model chain store that forced most of the smaller independents out of business goes bust itself) or it doesn't cost more in train fares to go get it than buying it off Ebay and as far as I know Ebay doesn't give away free stuff!

Edited by Tsubame

Ahh.. fair enough

No worries, mate! Tbh I prefer to use Ebay cos u have access to a much wider range of kits and even buying from Japan or Hong Kong can be cheaper than buying here. USA is a bit hit and miss tho cos we are supposed to pay import tax on anything over £15.

Found it. Thanks man. I couldn't agree more about eBay, and buying from Hong Kong directly. Even with shipping it's cheaper than anywhere else. Just a shame about the smaller hobby shops.

The only thing I don't like about Ebay is that sometimes you have to be so specific about your searches and some sellers don't have a clue about what to call their items! I have about twenty separate saved searches for 1/48 AH-1 Cobra helicopters to make sure I've covered every option yet still manage to overlook a lot of stuff! One seller marked a Fujimi 1/48 AH-1S simply as Model Kit For Sale and it was only by pure luck that I found it! I also hate when people only sell within their own country! Don't understand why seeing as they don't have to pay the shipping costs. One seller I tried contacting about a Cobra doesn't even allow personal messages! No wonder his item hasn't sold and has been relisted 5 times since I found his item!