• 2 weeks later...

Then came VFA-87, 1/48 Hasegawa F-18C , MAW resin nose Black Box cockpit and Fightertown decals. The extra CVW-8 badge that was needed to do both airframes came from Brian M. Thanks Oompa.

DSC_0703-1.jpg

DSC_0705-1.jpg

DSC_0706-1.jpg

A shot of the CVW-8 CAG bunch.

DSC_0710-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alexander.....do you have a build thread here for this model? This thread is for Hornet models that are completed during the course of the Hornet GB, which started on July 1st.

VFA-147 A/C 200, I'm calling this one done! 1st model aircraft I have completed in 22 years. There are a few things missing or not installed. I will add the AIM-9X's later. Dont beat me up too much guys!!! Hope you all like it.

076cbba6-1d40-45da-99d8-e5a51f2b76e9_zps05f174f5.jpg

IMG_0448_zpsb71419a2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alexander.....do you have a build thread here for this model? This thread is for Hornet models that are completed during the course of the Hornet GB, which started on July 1st.

Oh, sorry. It's apparantely not my cap of tea. :)

I had no idea the thread was about the GB.

Cheers!

Alexander

Oh, sorry. It's apparantely not my cap of tea. :)/>

I had no idea the thread was about the GB.

Cheers!

Alexander

Oh, no worries! Thanks for sharing the photo of your model though....it's really well done.

And to break up American domination on my shelf - CF-188B from 416th squadron from late 1990's, or early 2000's, Academy, HiDecal and LEM decals mix :) There might be a Hasegawa decal somewhere too ;) Didn't think it would turn out this nice :)

DSCN2706.JPG

DSCN2726.JPG

DSCN2714.JPG

We need some Canadian colour birds.

1/48 Hasegawa with Leading Edge decals for the Y2K bird from 410 squadron. Maybe we can hope for peace in 2015 cause we have not had much since 2000.

DSC_0706-2.jpg

DSC_0705-2.jpg

DSC_0708-2.jpg

Well here we are

1/48 hasegawa F/A-18F

BB cockpit

decals : Fighter town VFA-103 Summer 2008

weapons from Hasegawa weapon set and ARC member donation !

Paints : grey's Humbrol , black Krylon , whaite and yellow Badger model flex ,finishing coat Alclad clear satin

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031-2.jpg

Build thread can be found here

Cheers

Neo

Four down, two to go ;)/>

DSCN2809.JPG

DSCN2776.JPG

DSCN2807.JPG

Thad

I am sorry but I must impound this model for futher inspection! I am a former Vigelantie and have to say NICE!!!!! please send model to: lol

Edited by tosouthern66

Here's one more, Hasegawa 1/72 as usual. Since my VFA-151 bird was impounded this one is #4 ;) Going to have to build one more for my sextuple of Hornets to be completed. Sextuple... I just wrote sextuple :rofl: where is Beavis and Butthead when You need them? :D

Decals were Eagle Strike, the same sheet I used on the VFA-151.

DSCN2855.JPG

DSCN2859.JPG

DSCN2898.JPG

Here's my 1/48 Hobby Boss CF-18. 425 Squadron, with a mixed A/A and A/G loadout. Wolfpack Libyan Op upgrade set, and Leading Edge decals. Legend resin seat.

P1210803_zpsa9b1c043.jpg

I dirtied up the aircraft quite a bit, showing one that has not been washed in a while.

P1210805_zpsaeeb9a56.jpg

P1210808_zps0c1797d1.jpg

ALF