Part of my daily routine was to look at the daily models post for any thing interesting, then go to the "daily joke and funny picture".....Steve dropped this feature citing "copyright" problems I understand.....plus he cut off the avatar posting citing hacking IIRC...........

????????????

So there is little for me to visit ARC anymore......

Gee, that's too bad.

I'll miss your posts

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

he created an account just to post a complain... that he'd find nothing interesting anymore in ARC, since Steve flushed away some funny but still irrelevant stuff??? "hilarious!!!"

he created an account just to post a complain... that he'd find nothing interesting anymore in ARC, since Steve flushed away some funny but still irrelevant stuff??? "hilarious!!!"

He's actually been a participant here for a very long time. Probably longer than I and that was back in the N54 days. Perhaps he lost his password?

Ken

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

No I switched email accounts........Thought I kept my log-on/password but didn't apparently.........Re-registered.............Actually I started ARC in 2000 (IIRC)..........I've been known as "oldthudman" for many years.......

Just expressing my disappointment

Nothing to read? Really? Let's take an objective look at the breadth of content up in here:

• Jet Modeling area - 2,233 pages of discussions (or roughly 33,500 individual discussions!)
  • Props area - 936 pages of discussions
  • Helicopter area - 483 pages
  • Classic Aviation area - 64 pages
  • Airliner - 217 pages

And if you like looking at pictures of models, the Display Case is 712 pages (more than 9,200 models). (In fairness, some of the photos there are no longer hosted for our viewing pleasure.)

No I switched email accounts........Thought I kept my log-on/password but didn't apparently.........Re-registered.............Actually I started ARC in 2000 (IIRC)..........I've been known as "oldthudman" for many years.......

Just expressing my disappointment

sorry for your lost user name, it's quite sad. didn't mean to be harsh on you.

and double sorry for you if the loss of those "non-modeling" sections of the forum have make you lost the desire to contribute to the community...

I was facing a $8,000 lawsuit from Getty images over 3 images in the TPC.....I'm sure there were plenty more so it wasn't a matter of just removing those 3 images. So I decided to remove that section of ARC......sadly this is the new reality of the internet. Companies such as Getty Images invite people to post images so the people can earn royalities is someone wants to pay a royality each month to use their image. Then behind the scenes...Getty Images searches the internet looking for images on their website....then it sues people and keep the money. It's an interesting business model and I think it will be something that will become much more common in the future.

And if they can do it to photos....I expect it is only a matter of time before jokes also get copyrighted and lawsuits begin to fly.

I was infomed by the Getty Images collection people that removing the images would not solve the problem....but thankfully I'm in Canada and they seem more interested in bringing lawsuits against Americans. But it is not an issue I'm keen to deal with.

Part of my daily routine was to look at the daily models post for any thing interesting, then go to the "daily joke and funny picture".....Steve dropped this feature citing "copyright" problems I understand.....plus he cut off the avatar posting citing hacking IIRC...........

????????????

So there is little for me to visit ARC anymore......

But you just couldn't leave quietly though, could you. You had to post a big whinge on multiple forums. Drama queen ,anyone ????

Your many contributions will be missed.

Cheers, Tony

But you just couldn't leave quietly though, could you. You had to post a big whinge on multiple forums. Drama queen ,anyone ????

Cheers, Tony

Don't be too hard on him.....I have the same sentiments about the TPC having to be removed.

For more horror stories over the lawsuit issue...you can google "getty images lawsuit"....it is quite eye opening.

Nothing to read? Really? Let's take an objective look at the breadth of content up in here:

• Jet Modeling area - 2,233 pages of discussions (or roughly 33,500 individual discussions!)
  • Props area - 936 pages of discussions
  • Helicopter area - 483 pages
  • Classic Aviation area - 64 pages
  • Airliner - 217 pages

And if you like looking at pictures of models, the Display Case is 712 pages (more than 9,200 models). (In fairness, some of the photos there are no longer hosted for our viewing pleasure.)

I'm well aware of ARC's content.....And I don't recall saying anything about "nothing to read"............That said, there really needs to be someway to take the steam out of these lawsuits/lawyers.....They have overall hurt the model industry by "representing the big aerospace/aircraft companies" going after replicating their aircraft even if 60-70 years old.........The big model companies may be able to pay up but small companies and webzines do not........And they are often sued over frivolous items........

Edited by oldthudman5

Cheers, Tony

Well, Mr. Snowbird .........Firstly the reason I have not been using these forums is because of folks like you.....Quick to insult......I got tired of it........#2 learn how to spell....It's not whinge...It's whine.........And I'm not a queen, drama or otherwise...............

Well, Mr. Snowbird .........Firstly the reason I have not been using these forums is because of folks like you.....Quick to insult......I got tired of it........#2 learn how to spell....It's not whinge...It's whine.........And I'm not a queen, drama or otherwise...............

I'm sorry that section of the forum got closed. It's sad that big companies stoop to that level. Unfortunately, there's not a lot to be done about that. And indeed there's folk around here who like to whinge, but I've got a far bigger problem with people lashing out at others. You may not like some posts but fortunately, nobody is (for now at least) obligated to read those posts.

....It's not whinge...It's whine.........And I'm not a queen, drama or otherwise...............

:rofl:/> You crack me up Claud. :worship:/>

I PM'ed you the info so you can log into your original account. Be well my friend.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/whinge

Cheers, Tony

Don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out! :whistle:/>/>

Wow...tough crowd today. :woot.gif:

ARC will always be here....people come and go and come back......ARC will always be here when they want it.

Definitely a tough crowd. The guy posts what I consider to be a reasonable statement and then is subjected to personal attacks, insults, etc by some of the ARC attack dogs.

Hope you'll stick around, sad to see yet another long term member go away. Still lots of good stuff on ARC, just have to filter out some of the chaff.

One thing I have noted is that the modeling content on these forums seems to be going way down. The prop and helo forums are especially quiet. Some days, there are only 3-4 posts. The jet & in-progress forums are a bit more active but still seem pretty slow compared to a year ago. I'd be curious if this is a seasonal thing or is overall traffic on ARC declining.

I'll try to do my part and actually make some progress on a couple of my builds that are stalled so I can post a few updates but it would be nice to see a bit more activity around here.

Definitely a tough crowd. The guy posts what I consider to be a reasonable statement and then is subjected to personal attacks, insults, etc by some of the ARC attack dogs.

Hope you'll stick around, sad to see yet another long term member go away. Still lots of good stuff on ARC, just have to filter out some of the chaff.

Yup....I miss the members that are no longer here from the old days.

One thing I have noted is that the modeling content on these forums seems to be going way down. The prop and helo forums are especially quiet. Some days, there are only 3-4 posts. The jet & in-progress forums are a bit more active but still seem pretty slow compared to a year ago. I'd be curious if this is a seasonal thing or is overall traffic on ARC declining.

I'll try to do my part and actually make some progress on a couple of my builds that are stalled so I can post a few updates but it would be nice to see a bit more activity around here.

Traffic dropped 50% when the IP issue started blocking people after the move. I've seen signs on some days that the numbers are recovering, but the numbers are still down....which is disappointing to say the least.