Great Wall Hobby 1/48 F-15D Eagle

I was supposed to build this for the Aggressor/Adversary GB here on ARC but the correction parts just arrived last week. As can be seen in the photo below, I'll be using Wolfpack Designs' F-15C/D Aggressor Update Set and Afterburner Decals' 65th Aggressors sheet for the decals. Jake's Modern Eagle Guide is customary for all Eagle builds.

IMG_4225.jpg

So far I've managed to paint up the cockpit. I used the instrument decals provided.

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

Looking forward to following this build. I just wish someone would post a list of anything that might need correcting on the kit. w00t.gif

Don't temp the devil...

BTW nice to see someone building "The Unbuildable Kit"

Edited by Inquisitor

an "unbuildable" pretty good looking cockpit IMHO :wave:/>/>/>/>

Dear pandabear,

From what I can remember, nobody ever said that this kit is unbuildable.

The problem with this kit has always been that is far from being accurate, and that is a shame given how worldwide popular is the F-15.

You want an additional evidence? Just check these dashboards and control side panels with some pictures of the real ones and you will see that they are way too tall.

As a consequence, the entire cockpit is too deep and bang seats are too tall as well.

Bye for now,

Edited by galfa

At this point I hope people won't give a rat's S wether the kit is or not accurate. There are already other topics greatly covering what's wrong with the kit, wether dealable or not.

This is a WIP thread, we should congratulate the thread opener for the great work he did until now and I love seeing how some of these criticised kits can be nicely built.

Mark, the weathering on the side panels is very subtle, well done, and the stock decals for the IP look really convincing. Great job, looking forward to this WIP, I'm usually an airliner freak but there are a few military subjects I can't resist, this kit will be one of them.

Keep up the good work !

Steven