2006 Warhawks CAG late type "C" Hasegawa in 1/48

Hello everyone !

It's my very first GB,and I hope it could be a good step for me to return this hobby after years half-abandoned with it.

The kit is a hasegawa in 1/48.I will post the photo of the kit along with AMs in a few days after some AM is in my hands.

Bellow is the real thing my buildinig will represent(The photo quoted form Airliners.com).

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/eveself/media/2006-CAG_zpsf2883e5d.jpg.html

Edited by Neo

Here is the photo which again has reminded me about the thought that do not mess up the stuffs for the sake of the money.

My buliding process won't in a rapid pace .I'll do it,how to say ,nice and slow.I can "being slow " for sure and for the other :rolleyes:

So any advice and suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

stuffs_zps9af4dc80.jpg

Guys a small reminder. Please do not post pics from airliners.net you may place a link to the image but not embed the immage

Thanks

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little bit progress.Mostly about trying to manage to fit the Aires resin cockpit in place.

I spent around 2 hours to repeat sanding and fitting.Thank heaven there was a handy electric tool accompanied with me.

This was the pit finally fitted with the kit part.Did I overdo a little?

sanding1_zpsa46d3fe9.jpg

Enveloped by the fuselage kit parts.I don't think It's too bad.There some gaps needing to filling and sanding,but they are OK to me.

fitting2_zps509ea88e.jpg

fitting1_zpsa2a37be9.jpg

I ask for some advice and instruction for resolving one problem.Thanks in advance.

Along with treating Aires resin parts,I found situation when I sawed some brand seamless air intake off the base.

Let the photo itself explain

problem1_zps631efb11.jpg

and another one(before sawed off)

problem2_zpsfb92f375.jpg

So what can I do to avoid messing up those partly delicate and translucent resin parts when I set them in the fuselage?

• 2 weeks later...

<...>

So what can I do to avoid messing up those partly delicate and translucent resin parts when I set them in the fuselage?

Maybe wrap and glue some plastic sheet strips around them? To give it some stability. :dontknow:

Maybe wrap and glue some plastic sheet strips around them? To give it some stability. :dontknow:/>

thank you ChernayaAkula.

Sooner or later I'll face them,anyway,the original parts are still intact.

Good work on fitting the resin cockpit in place. That is the hardest part with resin; getting it to fit, and not destroying the detail when you shave off the extra resin.

ALF

Good work on fitting the resin cockpit in place. That is the hardest part with resin; getting it to fit, and not destroying the detail when you shave off the extra resin.

ALF

Thank you ALF18.

Yes sir,the fitting wasn't easy and was a dity work.I had to clean nearly everything around the bench when finished the sanding.

BTW,I'll reply your post with some photos after I get them.We could share something.

Feng

Looking good! I have a lot of the same aftermarket that you have so I will be paying attention to how you do yours.

Brandon

Thank you Brandon.

I think GB is a good activity.With a specific and same theme,we can share info in an easy and effective way.

Feng

Looking good! I have a lot of the same aftermarket that you have so I will be paying attention to how you do yours.

Brandon

Thank you Brandon.

I think GB is a good activity.With a specific and same theme,we can share info in an easy and effective way.

Feng

Hey nice progress :)

About those intakes - Maybe You don't need to do anything to them? Hell they might be this thin for a reason! I'm betting You tried dryfitting them to the fuselage - those aft parts where the intake touches the engine fans shouldn't move too much.

If not, I'd go with what ChernayaAkula said! ;)

Will You be folding wings?

Hey nice progress :)/>

About those intakes - Maybe You don't need to do anything to them? Hell they might be this thin for a reason! I'm betting You tried dryfitting them to the fuselage - those aft parts where the intake touches the engine fans shouldn't move too much.

If not, I'd go with what ChernayaAkula said! ;)/>

Will You be folding wings?

Thank you for your advice.

As for folding wings,not this time.I have to keep the building within my power and under my control.I hope I could make some obvious progress this month.

• 1 month later...

been busy on my job for a while,and got a little lazy. :whistle:

uploaded some updates,very limited,just wanna say I have no plan to quit the GB at least presently.

some IPand the pit photos,I haven't made the seat painted.

h_zps220a743b.jpg

e_zps3a50f4df.jpg

c_zpsf8ed87da.jpg

and some photo etched parts around the cockpit,sorry no paint yet.

g_zpsab830af7.jpg

f_zpsf4f5f41c.jpg

I've put my hands on the resin seamless intake.I've realized after tried to dry-fit the resin part to the fuselage that the seamless intake were meant to be made like what I see ,I mean the very thin area at one side of the pipe end ,which I thought it's about quality problem at first.sorry for my innocence.

b_zps557417f2.jpg

The working about the area wouldn't be easy to me.I should brace myself.

a_zps8fc7f63b.jpg

Let the photo itself explain

problem1_zps631efb11.jpg

Nope, that's called "Mold Shift" and may cause you problems when fitting the part, you will have only one option to "fit" the part and that will be to remove plastic, not to balance between removing a bit of plastic and some resin.

I recommend if you have this problem again, instead of reinforcing with plastic, you can add paper strips the soak it with C/A glue, it should conform easier than plastic sheet.

I've put my hands on the resin seamless intake.I've realized after tried to dry-fit the resin part to the fuselage that the seamless intake were meant to be made like what I see ,I mean the very thin area at one side of the pipe end ,which I thought it's about quality problem at first.sorry for my innocence.

b_zps557417f2.jpg

Yea, it's a quality problem...

If your test fitting the parts with out gluing the side panels on, I think you might have more chance of misalignment, too risky.

Your instrument panel is gorgeous.

Curt

Thank you guys! for your encouragement and instructions!

Personally,the resin intake set might be one product to be compromised a little bit when designed.

There are several main works around there I will face

1.the strengthening

Thank you Netz for your instruction ,I will have a go.

2.the fitting

Repetitious test fitting can be expected.I'll sand plastic part very carefully ,especially on the back side of the MLG well.

The thin area of resin pipe isn't as fragile as I thought before.It's a little flexible which might be good for fitting but probably bad for painting.

3.the painting

I'm gonna use latex paint.I have no experience about using the paint except for brushed wall with it several times.

But there are many helpful posts in ARC forum I can reference

Thank you again for your replies.

The original plastic parts are still kept carefully :rolleyes:/> .

Edited by egg2012
  • 2 months later...

not more than one month left :bandhead2::doh:

Finally ,the seamless intakes haven't haunted in my mind any more.Below are pics of the process in which show what I had done.Overall the result is not very good,but the area dosen't look too bad if not to have a close look.

At first are pics of painting intakes.I supposed using latex to them but I gave up the plan when I found that a small amount of latex was out of my reach and I hadn't any incentive to rebrush my walls.So after tried some so-called experiment,I found the new water based Acrysion matched my need because the paint coat seemed has a little resilience when it dried.That could be very helpful to the thin area of resin intakes.

paintingintaks-1_zpsf0c2787d.jpg

I found the long cap from make-up stuffs out of my wife's favour.Actually I have no idea where the line between the white color and the grey gets started inside intakes.I just let the length of the cap make the decision.

paintingintaks-2_zps86a81bb3.jpg

used two days to do the dipping,the result was not too bad.

paintingintaks-3_zps8ef208c9.jpg

paintingintaks-done_zps833351fd.jpg

glued them to the splitted plates parts,sanding and checking

gluespiltterplates_zps6c872cd6.jpg

sandthejoint_zpsfb6a8e29.jpg

sanddone_zps0b837863.jpg

glued them to the fuselage with the help of CA,UHU and extra thin cement and used polyester putty to deal with the big gaps between the intakes and underside of front fuselage.Then sanding and rescribing.

gluetothefuselage-1_zpsceaeb97f.jpg

gluetothefuselage-2_zps3c9e2147.jpg

the gaps :bandhead2:

puttyandsandbefore_zpsd7fc580f.jpg

done with sanding and scribing.

puttyandsandafter_zps18750334.jpg

rescribing_zps67c74165.jpg

The result is not too bad.

result2_zpsd8f5eda7.jpg

result1_zps4da6a972.jpg

Two became one in some torturous way ,finally.

twobecomeone_zpsd02d22c7.jpg

Thanks for looking.Oh Oh deadline.