New C-17 Decals from fündekals!

Our newest is now available for purchase. Six of the very latest C-17 users:

AFRC's 445th Airlift Wing at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, Kuwait Air Force's striking full color "MAC" type scheme, UAE Air Force, NATO Heavy Airlift Wing (with Hungarian AF markings), Qatar Emiri Air Force, and the Indian Air Force.

As always, you can download the instruction sheet at our web site regardless of whether you purchase the decals or not (but we hope you do!). As always, these are a limited run, and once they're gone, they're gone!

Available now, only via our web site at:

www.fundekals.com

C_17preview.jpg

FD_C_17decal.jpg

Thanks for the update Jennings. I actually picked up another C-17 specifically because you had these decals coming. My only issue is with the overall grey schemes (except the Kuwait one of course). Not your problem but it sure would have been nice if the air forces in question would think of us modellers and put some camo on those birds. Oh well, maybe I have to do my very own What-if :)/>

So that makes 3 x C-17 I would like to build but my problem would be where to put them all if I eventually do get them built.

Oh by the way I went to the web site and I guess the C-17 instructions are not up as yet.

Edited by skyhawk174

Thanks, I was just coming to ask about finding them on your site. And is the Revell kit the preferred (only?) C-17 kit in 1/144 scale?

Edited by Moose135

The Revell kit is the only kit, period, in any scale, full stop.

(Yes, I'm aware of the Anigrand "thing")

Edited by Jennings

These are the only C-17 users that have not been done as aftermarket decals (or in the kit, in one of several releases). The CAF was done on an Xtradecal sheet several years ago.

No Canada???

Australia/UK and Canada done on the Xtradecals sheet...... However Canada did Upgrade to Black markings all over which have not been done including squadron markings on the tail similar to the Aussie C-17.

:cheers:

Emil

Not off hand. I am on my mobile. But there should be some high res pics at the RCAF website. Will troll the Internet to see if I can find more images. Unless someone here has some.

Try combatcamera.forces.gc.ca search cc-177

Should get some high res pics of a cormorant being loaded in 177703 for delivery of the helo to Brazil for an exercise. I think 704 has been painted too. I will try from home after work.

Australia/UK and Canada done on the Xtradecals sheet...... However Canada did Upgrade to Black markings all over which have not been done including squadron markings on the tail similar to the Aussie C-17.

:cheers:/>

Emil

Yeah, I picked up the Xtradecal sheet years ago from Burnaby Hobbies in Vancouver. Great sheet.

I know I have seen shots of the new markings but I think I will go with what I have, unless Jennings issues a small add on sheet but that costs money and I am not hopeful :)

Also, in case people are not aware, there is one change that should be done (or not) is the addition of the two small oval observation windows below the windscreen. It is not too noticeable but it seem that Australia and Canada both had this mod while the US aircraft were not done. Don't know why.

There is a nice build of an RAAF C-17 on www.scalespot.com too where he installed those small windows.

Revell doing theirs in 144 was such a cop out :(

Why? They do a lot of 1/144 kits, and I'm sure a 1/144 C-17 will have sold 1000:1 over a 1/72 kit. The average "I want a C-17 model" buyer would be much more likely to spend $30 than $75 for a kit.

Why? They do a lot of 1/144 kits, and I'm sure a 1/144 C-17 will have sold 1000:1 over a 1/72 kit. The average "I want a C-17 model" buyer would be much more likely to spend $30 than $75 for a kit.

Well because 72 is a popular scale Jennings, it would have fit in the with the other large kits that other manufacturers have put out over the years.

Sure there are options in 144 but it isnt a scale I nor many others like me have been interested in, in fact I would say a large number of people go for 144 as a space constraint problem rather than it would be their first choice of scale, which is why there are so few kit options in 144 compared to 72nd scale.

72 is I would imagine just about the most popular scale based on the sheer amount of subjects made in that scale.

Of course I can understand your point of view about it, you were involved in developing the 144 kit so in some small way as a vested interest in it, while I seem to remember you telling us Anigrand didnt want your help...

So 72 being the choice of the majority of kit makes including me I would, have done in the past and will do in the future pay what it costs, it is a hobby, and a man peruses it.

I ended up getting 2 of the Anigrand kits, one without the fixed nose the other with.

I dont mind, Im a model maker not a kit builder, I swapped out quantity for quality years ago however having said that the correctness of the Revell kit and it being injection plastic rather that cast resin is attractive, but it looks like its never to be.

And as for 1000:1, maybe, I think AMT would have thought the same thing when they made the C-135 molds... what a shame it would have been had they decided to make it in 144

Edited by ElectroSoldier

I like to build my multi-engine kits in 1/72nd as in 1/48 (my preferred scale) it would be a monster but I like the 1/144 scale stuff in the multi engine too. Unfortunately, I also build airliners so all is good. I built the 1/144 Otaki C-5 in 1/144 and even when the 1/72nd kit was released I passed. Waaaay too big.

I also believe that Revell was right to do it in 1/144 since it fits in so well with their airliner kits. Even a better fit now since there are actual airliner schemes for the C-17.