Holy crap!!! What a helo getting so much details! Until today only possible with thousands of Resin and other AM stuff possible, or just even doing scratch! But soon....incredible...

Wish they would forgo all the open panels. Most of the time it's tough to get them closed up without gaps.

I agree. A thought for future models is to provide cut lines on the inside of the parts to make it easier for those that want to open a panel. A nice win/win for folks.

The formation lights and other raised areas look very heavy, maybe a manufacturing limitation but can be fixed easily with a sanding stick I believe. Not crazy about the seem along the exhaust but again that might be a manufacturing limitation.

I am not up the details of this bird but it does look impressive.

Hey-

Wow, looks pretty good! Just a couple things pop out at me. Looks like Longbow HF missiles on the right side? L model HF are not authorized on AH-1Z. And why is there a AH-1W style canted inboard pylon on the right wing?

I'll definitely be getting one of these!

Phil

The formation lights and other raised areas look very heavy, maybe a manufacturing limitation but can be fixed easily with a sanding stick I believe.

The formation lights have already been deleted and will be provided as decals, not raised detail which is incorrect.

Floyd

I had the great opportunity to see HMLAT-303's Cobra's and Venom's up close and personal this year at Seattle Seafair. I am very excited to see these kits come out, and would love to see the boss bird's markings included in the Viper kit as a decal option.

Aaron

IMG_3592-Copy_zpseb8a23e1.jpg

Now that is one sweet looking Cobra! I wish the Army would follow the Navy and Marine Corps and allow the CO's bird to be decked out!

I know, I know, the camo thing, but it would be cool to see an Army helo with colorful markings instead of helo drab all the time!

Are their Hueys as colorful as the Cobra?

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I hope these sell well so other helicopters can be designed in 1/48. I think there are a few really interesting subjects out there no one seems to working on, like Ka-52, Mi-28 and Z-10.

I know I am good for both airframes..

Same here, I'll be good for at least one of each. I'm also hoping this jumpstarts a wave of 1/48 helos. I totally understand the 1/35 releases which go great with armor, but as an aircraft modeler, I prefer to have helos which are the same relative size as my fixed-wing models. Fingers crossed!

I'll certainly be grateful for really any helo releases in 1/48 since there are so many gaps.

So thank you Kitty Hawk. Now take my money!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...