Myrtle Beach plastic scale model club

I have lived in Myrtle Beach for over 15+ years. I have been trying to start a model club here from the start,with no luck. Hopfuly with new housing growth here I'm giving it a go again. I'm from Northern Va.and I was a member of I.P.M.S. for years. Going to both N.Va and D.C. meetings. But here in Myrtle Beach nothing! If you live in or around Myrtle Beach and build plastic scale models please reply to me here. Cheers Bill Knoth P.S. No NASCAR

Have you checked with Ed's Hobby Shop to see if there is any activity? I know when I'm up there, I spend my time checking out the beach scenery! I do swing into Ed's when I'm on that side of town. But I'm 3 hours away in Columbia.

1404503003[/url]' post='2628048']

WOW!!! A model club that could end up excluding a whole group of modelers.

I see you are in SoCal. Have you ever experienced the southern NASCAR fan? LOL! monketdance4.gif

Edited by Scott Smith

Have you checked with Ed's Hobby Shop to see if there is any activity? I know when I'm up there, I spend my time checking out the beach scenery! I do swing into Ed's when I'm on that side of town. But I'm 3 hours away in Columbia.

I see you are in SoCal. Have you ever experienced the southern NASCAR fan? LOL! monketdance4.gif

Ed's hobbyshop has a good amont of models, but they're in to R/C cars and R/C aircraft. I have posted on their board about starting a plastic model culb but no takers.The store will not even display models (great way to sell model kits) Cheers Baronred3

A very good friend of mine lives in Virgina and is a hard core NASCAR fan. But my question for you is, have you ever taken your wife/girlfriend shopping on the Westside of LA? Now that is scary.

A very good friend of mine lives in Virgina and is a hard core NASCAR fan. But my question for you is, have you ever taken your wife/girlfriend shopping on the Westside of LA? Now that is scary.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scary is driving around the Beltway twice a day! That beats NASCAR ! Baronred3

.......have you ever taken your wife/girlfriend shopping on the Westside of LA? Now that is scary.

Dude that ain't scary....driving on the 405 is scary, shopping in west LA...is insane...on the weekend don't even think about it. Where the 405 and 101 come together you pray before you get there and say a thankful prayer when you get past it.

1404604088[/url]' post='2628324']

Scary is driving around the Beltway twice a day! That beats NASCAR ! Baronred3

Been there, done that. Once and only once! At least NASCAR has driving rules!

But I did take the wife to a race in Darlington and watched a drunk old guy projectile puke all over the young lady sitting in front of her.