F-14B Hasegawa 1/72

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arne, this is beautiful work indeed!

I used some of the Verlinden set in an F-14A I'm working on (well, on and off for a few years now!); the cannon barrels are pretty risible and there is some very imaginative interpretation of panel lines around the weapon/ammo bay. Also, the Verlinden seats are HUGE!

Nonetheless, it is a good basis for a detailed project and your AIRES interior is really excellent. And you have accomplished the integration of the front and rear fuselage much better than I could! :bandhead2:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed model -always good to see a Diamondback's Cat!

(Especially with its claws out!)

Any update sir?

Stanton

Yes - from Time to Time ;)

@All: Thanks for Yor Comments

The next Step are the Weapon-Pylons on the Wings.

The right Side became the AAQ-25 LANTIRN Pod - and the left side ? - first i mounted the Pylon for the AIM-7 ...

20.jpg

..but now there are the beautiful AIM-54 from Eduard ! - and the "Bomcats" over Afghanistan fly too with Smart-Bombs and one Phönix under the left Wing. (this Pylon for the AIM-7 i can use on my next Project ! :)/>/> )

The Pylon for the AIM-54 from this Hasegawa-Kit is not correct - i used the Pylon from the very old Hasegawa-Kit K12 - these Pylon are perfect !

22.jpg

..and now - it looks like an Space-Cruiser :)

21.jpg

Edited by Arne

So you are saying the new kits AIM-54 pylons short from your comparison photo...Yes I have a set of the Eduard AIM-54A's for a VF-41 "A" kit I am working on.....I also have AIM-7/9's too but I ordered the wrong AIM-9's for the time-frame my is, I somehow ordered the AIM-9B's instead of the AIM-9D's. Looks Excellent keep the work and updates sir.

Stanton

• 3 weeks later...

The Shape of the Radom from the Eduard AIM-7E and is uncorrect...- but the AIM-9's are very good.

The best AIM-7 in Scale 72 came from Academy (F-18C-Kit) and Fujimi (F-14 Kit)

...some Days after starting the build of this F-14B i became the Flight-Deck from Italeri...

- so i build another one - a F-14 in Start-Position :)

Controling the Function of the Nosegear:

A1.jpg

A starting Aircraft needs Pilots, the Canopy will be closed:

A2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Your paintjob is amazing! Which paints are you using? Gunze? And did you lighten them with white? The colors look perfect!

EDIT:

I noticed you used Mr. Surfacer 500 in one of your pictures. Can I know :

1)how much pressure you used on your airbrush?

2)What thinner did you use on Mr Surfacer 500 to dilute it?

2)What ratio did you dilute the Mr Surfacer 500?

Thank you :cheers:

Edited by JackMan