F-14B Hasegawa 1/72

Bombs for the Bombcat!

...the model will get some dirt and weathering...

25.jpg

everything was there where it belongs?

26.jpg

-> excuse my bad english

Wow, I am blown away that this is 1/72nd scale, great work. I did notice something I thought you should know. The top picture, showing the belly of the jet, has the intake area painted white. This is incorrect, that area should

be gray. The white should be on the inside of the intake. I just thought you should know because you are doing such a beautiful job so far.

Steve

Arne, forgive me if you already explained these, but could you share your process for painting and weathering the cockpit, and for using watercolors for weathering? I'm considering trying watercolors myself, but am wondering how you use them. Thanks for any explanation you can provide! :thumbsup:

@ A-10 Loader :

Damned :o - Thats right what you say .. - too late :( - But Thanks for Your Tip!

@ plasticWerks_JL :

I don't use watercolors for painting - only for weathering.

For watherinmg with watercolors i used very simply paintbox for school or watercolors from Revell.

Because of my poor English I do prefer an image - i hope that's ok:

31.jpg

Arne,

Congratulations, this is fantastic job so far and I am sure you will carry on that way.

The 1/72nd Hasegawa model of the Tomcat is my favorité kit of my favorite airplane - bar maybe the much newer Fine Molds F-14D model. You are precisely proving how valuable that 25+ year old moulding still is.. I love your post and will follow it's development to the end.

Cheers

Eric B.

Thanks for your your good Comments :)/>

...Meanwhile, I was already a few steps further...

The Bombcat has found her Place on a Carrier-Deck and the Mechanics finished the final works on the Cannon...

- but these false brushed Intakes :wacko:/>

33.jpg

...so flew the Bomcat back again on my Airbrush..

Thanks to A-10 Loader for his helpfull critic !

It was a little bit tricky, but the foreward area of the Intakes are grey :)

Now i must do the Chain's again ...

32.jpg

Edited by Arne

Great work and good job fixing the intakes Arne, they look MUCH better. Once the Cat is back on her spot on the deck, all the work will have been worth it. I am still blown away by your attention to details at this scale, BRAVO !!

Steve