All,

Here's my first entry into this GB:

P1030068_zps463c67d3.jpg

The kit comes with feathered nozzles, but I have another Hasegawa F-15 kit with featherless nozzles which I'll be using on this build. I know the Aires featherless nozzles are far better looking than the bland Hasegawa ones, but once the kit is built and in the display case, it'll look good to me.

Unfortunately due to my current work schedule, I won't get started on this build for a couple of weeks.

Mike

Edited by Ichitoe
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm finally in this group build! After a busy last two weeks with work, I had some time at the bench last night. I decided to take a different approach with this build. Instead of my usual starting point, the cockpit, I worked on the part I dread the most when building aircraft, the landing gear. I figured I'd get this out of the way first, so it wouldn't bog me down later in the build. I also worked on the centerline tank, intakes, wing pylons and the vertical tails.

P1030070_zps9ca4b735.jpg

For this weekend, I plan on painting the landing gear, wheels, centerline tank and wing pylons. I'll get the intakes installed and then start working on the cockpit.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

With summer here finding time to get at the work bench is proving tough, too many other activities pushing the build to the back burner. I've been trying to get at least ten to fifteen minutes in at the bench before going to bed, so progress is slow.

I've worked on assembling the intakes and dealing with those nasty looking seams. They're not perfect but acceptable for the display case.

P1030071_zpsf4b82304.jpg

and once the intakes were in, I assembled the fuselage top and bottom halves along with the wings:

P1030072_zps406ed5dd.jpg

Next up is the cockpit and front half.

Mike

Yes they are, and the other two are MM LGG & DGG. I was checking the shade differences between the the two manufacturers. I don't have Gunze 308 as called for by the instructions. I've checked a couple of retailers trying to locate some, but they're sold out and have been for awhile.

Haven't decided yet whether to arm it up or keep it clean. It'll be towards the end of the build before I decide.

Mike

I've come to the realization group builds and summertime don't work for me, too many distractions from outdoor activities plus now steelhead season has started, so this build has gone dormant until late October.

Mike