Victory Models 1/32 F-104 Decals!

Nice! I wish they would rerelease their 1/48 sheet. I've been asking about it on their Facebook page, but no word. Maybe this will drum up some interest in a 1/48 rerelease?

Corey in Colorado

Reading the decal sheet instructions, it looks like option E would work, but option D has the broad chord fin of the F-104G.

Thanks, Option E (the blue/white bird) was the one interesting me anyway :)

And how could you actually READ from this tiny image? ;) Or is there a hires somewhere which i missed?

Edited by ChrisRRR

At the printer (Cartograf) now. Stay tuned to Victory's web site for specifics on when and how much.

Jennings:

Nice looking decals along with some great information; congrats.

And regard that info, I am especially interested in "Fannie", the 435th TFS F-104C, depicted as based at Da Nang. Your paragraph on that jet says the fuselage is finished in Corroguard (yes, I'm squinting at the teeny-tiny type too!). I am sure most posters here are familiar with Corroguard and its uses on aircraft. However, my question is this - is Corroguard different from the familiar term "silver lacquer", commonly used to describe the finish on F-100s and F-105s, particularly in Project Look Alike? Or are they same item, but just termed differently?

It's finely ground aluminum powder in a clear carrier. On a model a non-buffing matte aluminum paint (with the finest possible grain) is what you'd use. It's the same stuff they used on F-105s, etc.

It's finely ground aluminum powder in a clear carrier. On a model a non-buffing matte aluminum paint (with the finest possible grain) is what you'd use. It's the same stuff they used on F-105s, etc.

Understood, thanks.

It's just that I have never seen the otherwise well-known name "Corroguard" associated with those overall "silver" Century Series finishes.

There is a shot of "Fannie" in one of the (many!) Squadron books....a moody photo, if I recall, with dark thunderheads in the background.

Understood, thanks.

It's just that I have never seen the otherwise well-known name "Corroguard" associated with those overall "silver" Century Series finishes.

There is a shot of "Fannie" in one of the (many!) Squadron books....a moody photo, if I recall, with dark thunderheads in the background.

I didn't do the research on this stuff (or if I did it was well over a decade ago). I don't know that it was *actually* Corroguard, but in any event, it's supposed to be painted silver, not natural metal.