Thanks Arnobiz! Your advice was spot on as I now have a head on my Eagle. After a bit of trimming I glued the front cockpit on to the mail body. In general, it was not too bad after the glue set. It does require a little putty on the underside but nowhere near what I was initially expecting. Here's how it looks now:

F15JMysticIV_050_MJI10252014Large.jpg

F15JMysticIV_054_MJI10252014Large.jpg

F15JMysticIV_056_MJI10252014Large.jpg

I plan on cleaning up a few seems at this point while the fuselage is pretty easy and open and then it is on to adding the wings and stabilizers, etc.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:/>/>

• 1 month later...

Well, life and work sidetracked me for the last few months but I am back in the saddle again. While I will not make this GB's deadline, I do plan on finishing this sucker! Here's how the Eagle now looks with the airframe essentially finished and seems being filled.

F15JMysticIV_064_MJI11082014Large.jpg

F15JMysticIV_063_MJI11082014Large.jpg

I should have more progress to post soon.

Best wishes to everyone for the holidays and a great (modeling) New Year!

Mike

Well, I have a primer coat on the Eagle. As expected, I have found several areas that had some small seams still visible along with a wing/fuselage joint that I am not happy with. As I will not make the deadline anyway, I thought I would take the time and clean up the obvious flaws before I move on to the final paint coat. Here's how it looks with an all gray Mr Surfacer primer coat:

F15JMysticIV_076_MJI11302014Large.jpg

F15JMysticIV_074_MJI11302014Large.jpg

F15JMysticIV_072_MJI11302014Large.jpg

I have also added the speedbrake on top after I shot these photos.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

I hopefully fixed the few areas where I found some visible seems. Isn't it amazing how these manage to always show up just when you think you can see the finish line? :lol:/> The Eagle has now been lightly sanded to also smooth out some rough areas of the Mr. Surfacer primer and is drying after I washed the sanding dust off. Next step is to reshoot the primer and see if I fixed the few flaws that I found.

I decided to avoid any intake problems and plan on using some FOD covers to blank off the intakes and also add some more color to the gray bird. I picked up a set of the Hasegawa PE intake covers for the Eagle. These look a bit intimidating when you see the flat PE sheet for the first time. However, after some thought and a little patience, I think I managed to fold and assemble them correctly. Here's how they look after some paint and a little bit of weathering:

F15JMysticIV_068_MJI11082014Large.jpg

I'm rather happy with them and will plan on using these again for future builds when I have Eagles that use the hard intake covers.

Have a great and Happy New Year!

Mike

:cheers:/>