Very cool video. Great effects. The thing I hate most though is the strip search you have to go through at boarding! I can still see that droid coming at me with the probe.. :blink:/>

Bill

Security: Lets see some identification

Obi-Toad: You don't need to see my identification.

I have to admit I'm very excited about these new Star Wars movies. I've heard good vibes from the set that they have really hung their hat on going with old school sets, props and practical effects for that Original Trilogy look.

Cool video, really good effects and CGI ...

I just hope Abrams does not wreck Star Wars like he did Star Trek. :angry:/>

I agree for the most part, I've been very underwhelmed by his version of Star Trek ...

-Gregg

I just hope Abrams does not wreck Star Wars like he did Star Trek. :angry:/>

People seem to have a love or hate opinion about Abrahms' Star Trek work, I can see both sides. A lot of that has to do with the writing I think, not sure how much Abrahms had input into that for Star Trek (some I know).

Star Wars is a different beast, I think Abrahms' gets that. I have more faith that Disney will reign Abrahms in as necessary and provide a good written story. Just need Abrahms to capture the look and feel of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, which I believe he will.

People seem to have a love or hate opinion about Abrahms' Star Trek work, I can see both sides. A lot of that has to do with the writing I think, not sure how much Abrahms had input into that for Star Trek (some I know).

Star Wars is a different beast, I think Abrahms' gets that. I have more faith that Disney will reign Abrahms in as necessary and provide a good written story. Just need Abrahms to capture the look and feel of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, which I believe he will.

What I dislike, everything about the Enterprise, inside and out, Spock/Uhura romance, I also wish the villain would have been Gary Mitchel, not Khan. What I like, great casting.

What I dislike, everything about the Enterprise, inside and out, Spock/Uhura romance, I also wish the villain would have been Gary Mitchel, not Khan. What I like, great casting.

But how much of that is Abrams doing?

But how much of that is Abrams doing?

Being the Producer/Director, he had allot of influence on the look and tone of the films.

I felt that the engineering areas of the ships were more akin to an oil refinery than a starship.

I agree, really good casting for the most part ...

-Gregg

Being the Producer/Director, he had allot of influence on the look and tone of the films.

I felt that the engineering areas of the ships were more akin to an oil refinery than a starship.

-Gregg

Fully agreed. The Engineering area/look in particular bothered me.

But this was Trek and the gloves were off as far as a reboot.

STAR WARS is not a reboot and if anything JJ is trying to re-create the magic found of the original episodes. I hope he succeeds.

Fully agreed. The Engineering area/look in particular bothered me.

But this was Trek and the gloves were off as far as a reboot.

STAR WARS is not a reboot and if anything JJ is trying to re-create the magic found of the original episodes. I hope he succeeds.

I guess that's why I was disappointed in the Kahn storyline too, they could have gone with so many other directions instead of a rehash of that one.

I hope he succeeds as well ...

-Gregg

I just hope Abrams does not wreck Star Wars like he did Star Trek. :angry:/>/>

Cool video, really good effects and CGI ...

I agree for the most part, I've been very underwhelmed by his version of Star Trek ...

-Gregg

-Gregg

I guess that's why I was disappointed in the Kahn storyline too, they could have gone with so many other directions instead of a rehash of that one.

I hope he succeeds as well ...

-Gregg

No need to worry about Abrams assaulting Star Trek anymore, Roberto Orci has reportly been put in charge.....on the other hand, he did co-write and co-produce the last two movies.

Edited by Johnopfor

I'm not "anti" Abrams, I like allot of his work. I was just disappointed in his version of Star Trek. I do hope, like Toad has posted out, Star Wars will be different with tighter reins by Disney/Lucasfilm ...

As for Star Trek, time will only tell ...

-Gregg

No need to worry about Abrams assaulting Star Trek anymore, Roberto Orci has reportly been put in charge.....on the other hand, he did co-write and co-produce the last two movies.

It is too late, Abrams already did the damage, unless they reboot the reboot, and Star Trek did NOT need a reboot. I think he alienated alot of potential TOS fans with this alternate timeline bs.

Although NuTrek is better than no Trek, I too have to say that the drastic departure in style from what had been established over almost 30 years of TV and movie production was disconcerting to me. NuTrek had a definite Star Wars feel to it.

But classic Trek has never appealed much to the young, and less so now than ever. So NuTrek is all we get on screen, except for fan and some small legacy productions of some of the aging, minor stars. Trek has been victimized by modern production values. But that is what sells and justifies the productions costs of 100-200 mil for these movies.

Although NuTrek is better than no Trek, I too have to say that the drastic departure in style from what had been established over almost 30 years of TV and movie production was disconcerting to me. NuTrek had a definite Star Wars feel to it.

But classic Trek has never appealed much to the young, and less so now than ever. So NuTrek is all we get on screen, except for fan and some small legacy productions of some of the aging, minor stars. Trek has been victimized by modern production values. But that is what sells and justifies the productions costs of 100-200 mil for these movies.

I would rather see the fan shows. Some are very well done.