1/48 scale A-6E Intruder

Great build Joel! It's been a pleasure to follow along. So what's next?

John,

Thanks my friend for sticking with the build to the end. It's been quite a learning experience for me. As for my next build, it's back to my prop days. I had started before the A-6E build the old Special Hobbies 1/48 scale F2A-3 Buffalo, so I thought I'd re-visit it, and try to do an acceptable job on the kit. Then it's the Hobby Boss 1/48 scale N/AW A-10, and then the Academy 1/48 scale P-38J with a lot of AM stuff and a NMF. Well, at least the plan as of now. So how's the house going? Are you back to modeling yet?

Joel

Joel,

You did an amazing job. Really did justice to fine aircraft.

David,

Thank you for your comments. Agreed that that the A-6 Intruder is one fine Navy Jet, and a Grumman plane to boot. It doesn't get much better then that.

Joel

JA

Amazing build and The Iron Works Gang would be proud. Fit and finish is perfect and your photography has also stepped up a notch.

Aces on the A6

Bro

Pete

Thanks Bro. Don't know which was harder, the build or kicking up my photography skills a notch. Na, the build was really a hard one.

Joel

What an awesome Intruder, Joel!!! Agree with the pro photography!

Crackerjazz,

Thanks so much for your most positive comments, and stopping by throughout the build. And yes, my photography skills have gotten somewhat better as well. I've been trying to find different angles, and views rather then just the traditional set of pictures I always post.

Joel

Joel, I've enjoyed watching all your builds here and this one is no exception. You did a marvelous job on the Intruder and I will certainly use a few of your tricks on my builds.

Falcon20driver,

I really appreciate your most positive comments about the build, and the advice that you offered throughout the build. Please feel free to use any of my "tricks" and techniques as you seem fit to do. If I can help you or anyone else find a better way, then you've made my day.

Joel

Joel...........great job, and it only took you 3 months. It's a great feeling when you do the final touch and you say....DONE! Congrats.

Wardog,

Thanks. Done is a great feeling, then I realize that the journey is over, and it's time to start the next one, which means it's back to the start line once again.

Joel

Great work Joel! Nice to see this one wrapped up. Very sharp looking intruder. Makes me want to build another . What's next on your list?

Sledge,

Thanks. It certainly was a labor of love. A true love/hate relationship at times. I'm actually looking forward to doing a A-6A or the TRAM version late next year. I want to build my N/AW A-10 based on a lot of the work that Chuck put into his A-10 build:"Lipstick on a Pig". Not planning on anything nearly that detailed, but there is a ton I learned from him and his build.

My next project involves completely changing gears, and going back to my WW11 Prop days. Being a old guy, I still have a love for them. Paolo's P-38J build has inspired me to break out my Academy 1/48 scale P-38J and see what I can do with it. I've got the Legends cockpit, and some AM goodies including Kit World's War Birds decal sheet for NMF P-38s. It's was the only current sheet available. Looking to push the envelope with some extra detailing and see where I can go.

Joel

Fantastic work. She really came out nicely! Thanks for taking the time to post all the details.

11bee,

Thanks for taking the time to follow my build and your most positive comments. . It was my pleasure to post the build blog and share my build with all of you.

Joel