1/72 Revell Fokker E.III

I'll be starting with the Revell of Germany Fokker E.III in 1/72. It includes markings for Ernst Udet which I will be using.

Udet was one of the few to begin early in the war and survive through the end. He ended the war as Germany's second highest scoring ace with 62 victories. In the 1930s he became a strong advocate for dive bombing when the Luftwaffe was being reformed.

EIII1_zps22118a22.jpg

Edited by Aaronw

I actually started this in July 2nd but didn't get around to downloading the photos until this evening, so my progress is not really as rapid as it appears.

EIII2_zps5354cf73.jpg

EIII3_zpse6f01556.jpg

EIII4_zps8860a423.jpg

The instructions call for a green color, but all the references I could find suggest E.IIIs were a beige to brown color. I decided to use MM Acryl Dark Tan.

EIII5_zps91400f0e.jpg

EIII6_zpsd6b4bdd8.jpg

looking great so far! i found amazing that someone could tackle 1/72 WWI plane! ...i'm beginning a 1/48 one and i never work before on such a small thing!

i'll follow with interest your build!

My first 1/72 WW1 aircraft was a DH-2, which is quite the pile of sticks, wire and canvas. It is probably the worst aircraft one could choose to start out with. After surviving that experience everything else has seemed easy.

I don't enjoy doing the rigging, but really like the variety, and color the aircraft of the period offer.

• 5 months later...