Mirage 2000C Eduard

Hello all,

This is my latest addition to my Tiger Meet collection. It is a French Mirage 2000C from the 2007 TM. This is the Eduard 1:48 kit and I had read a few reviews of this kit and I knew that it could be a tough build. Well it sucked.... Look at these gaps.

20140906_zpsf83fb373.jpg

The decals that came with the kit worked great but the instructions were terrible. The instructions don't show the proper angle for the canards and after looking at some pictures mine are a little high. Many parts of the instructions only show a general area for attaching parts. The gear doors are not even close to the correct shape. Then after fighting to get it done I found out that the holes for the drop tanks were to close to the landing gear. This is the first kit in a long time that I really wanted to just give up on and throw away and the quality of my build shows it. I bought some Vallejo 059 French Mirage blue to paint the kit but it was more of a gray than blue. I mixed in some Vallejo 065 Andrea blue but I still think it is to dark. In the end I am glad that I finished it and as long as you stand at least 4 feet away it looks pretty good.

20140901_zps234b3b1a.jpg

20140902_zps47170daf.jpg

20140903_zps7954bcab.jpg

20140905_zps5c80e2ab.jpg

Els

Thanks everyone. Crazy Snap Cap and Jeff, I feel for you. I will never build another one of these. Enrywar67, the end of the exhaust is photo etch that is provided by Eduard in the kit. I am not sure how my pictures ended up being so small. I went and looked at the size of the pictures in Photobucket and they were smaller than what I uploaded. I wonder if they have started auto reducing uploaded images?

Els,

Just a fantastic build, with an extraordinary paint and decal scheme. Personally, I would have packed it in, but you succeeded where most of us would have failed.

This afternoon I uploaded pictures to my Photobucket account then downloaded them to ARC. They were their usual size. I always resize my pictures before uploading to Photobucket to 1024 X 768. That's the max size they allow before they use their auto compression program.

Joel