Hey Everyone,

Here's my first entry into the group build. It's the 1/72nd Hasegawa MU-2S that I'll be doing in a 3-tone gray scheme. I found a Koku-Fan magazine that had a couple interior pictures. I'm trying to re-create the stuff that's inside the main cabin.

Here's the real plane I plan to model:

MU2S_226_in1994_zpsd32215b6.jpg

20140711_233029_zps0ee7dd6b.jpg

20140712_002615_zps2f64509d.jpg

20140712_012123_zps2e7353be.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by John King

John-

Very cool. Without the references, I decided not to do the interior, but what you are doing is fantastic! It's great to see all that detail on the inside. It's interesting to note too, that your version was molded in yellow orange, while mine which is to finish up in yellow orange was molded in white.

John-

You are correct. Somewhere recently (too late to help my build) I saw a photo of the aft cabin and it had two forward facing seats for the observers to view out the bubble windows.

• 1 month later...

Fuselage is all buttoned up and clear parts are on. A little filling sanding will be required to fully blend in the front canopy w/the fuselage. You can't see all the details in the cabin, but that's why I didn't spend a ton of time super detailing it.

20140825_215336-1_zps26e7bb79.jpg

Until next time.

John

• 4 months later...

It looks good. Keep working on it and keep posting here.

I always thought this was a larger aircraft, but judging by the size of the toothpicks in your clever painting rig the MU-2S is pretty tiny. And checking on Wikipedia, it's actually a meter shorter than the T-4.

• 2 weeks later...